Tisas 1911

Regarding warranties and whatnot, yes the Armscor guns are covered for the life of the gun.

Just an ignorant question here, but is that relevant for anything outside of catastrophic failure? I mean, it seems most of the time we just use a gun (1911 in particular) as a base for what we want, replace grips and springs etc as necessary, and then go on with shooting and life. I assume extractors and firing pins can fail, is that what you get with the warranty? Anyone use that warranty on a non-lemon?

Hum... I wonder if they have any intention of ever chambering it in .38 Super?

That would seem to be a good way to get into that cartridge for me.

The painted finish on the Tisas would be a mark against that gun for me. I had a French model 35A and it had a painted finish. I never was able to find ammo for that gun so I sold it. That was before Al Gore invented the internet so didn't have the search function.

I am leaning more towards the RIA gun. Thanks for all the replies.

The painted finish on the Tisas would be a mark against that gun for me. I had a French model 35A and it had a painted finish. I never was able to find ammo for that gun so I sold it. That was before Al Gore invented the internet so didn't have the search function.

I am leaning more towards the RIA gun. Thanks for all the replies.
Sadly enough, having the internet around hasn't done anything regarding ammo for that French gun. I looked briefly at both models they made, as they do seem fairly attractive designs... but you're never going to shoot them cheaply.

Factory paint nowadays isn't as bad as back in the older days (such as the painted Hi Powers). CZ and Beretta both do it, and lots of others now use Cerakote as a refinishing option.

Until my Tisas had the chip appear, I really wasn't sure about the finish. It's very close to my S&W 915, and that's a matte blue.

Back