Tis the season... to pocket carry.

My Ruger LCR 38+P in a DeSantis Nemesis works perfect for my Winter coat pocket carry. The outside pocket I keep it in has a sipper that keeps the gun from going anywhere it shouldn't if I take the coat off.

Ruger LCR or Beretta Pico, nearly every day now. Mostly as a backup to something larger.

It's gotten so the first thing I do when I change pants is transfer the Nemesis pocket holster for either to the new pants.

I carry in the left, weak side for me.

I have Nemesis pocket holsters for my Beretta Nano and Sig P290RS, but find them a little too large for carry in most of my pants.

I like being able to have my hand on the pistol ready for a draw in some situations, like when pumping gas, or approaching someone on a walking trail. Paranoid maybe, but I like to think of it as well-prepared.

I've come to realize my pocket carry is every bit as likely to save my bacon as the other pistol I've got got on me.

The last two "situations" I've had were being approached in a gas station parking lot with my gas pump handle in the "strong" hand. Some phony story about needing a dollar for a can of fix-a-flat for the late model Mustang he was driving. I had my hand on the butt of the .38 LCR in the pocket as I declined. And as a drunk approached me in a city park wanting to "use my cell phone". Havng my hand on the pistol in the pocket was much less likely to alarm others at the park than partially unzipping the gunpack with the Beretta PX4 .45 in it.

My pocket guns are a seven shot 380 ACP or a six shot .40 S&W, both shoot well and are reliable.

B3PtUTN.jpg

My EDC is a 9mm Shield. My pockets are big enough to accommodate it. On "lighter" days I take a Bodyguard 380.

Both are stellar, accurate weapons.

My jframe (stoked with 158gr +P+ LHPs) fits in my coat pocket when I'm bundled up. My hand is normally holding it whenever I keep my hands in my pocket.

I pay close attention to my surroundings though and if necessary, I leave my winter coat open (even if it's freezing) if there's even a remote chance I needed to draw my SR9C from my IWB holster.

Definitely,the criminal element likes to hide in the big crowds and snatch purses from old women and rob people in broad daylight in parking lots now.:rolleyes:

Be armed and be aware.

Happy Safe New Year everyone. :)

for me pants pocket carry is generally for a second gun. if I pocket carry in a coat I do so with a concealed or bobbed hammer revolver so I can reliably use it without having to clear the pocket should I need to.

Yep,

Just returned from a trip to Northern WI. Balmy weather in the teens :o. My Bulldog Pug was in a holster in my coat pocket the entire time while hiking and goofing around on the property with my daughters, nieces wife and sister.

Take care folks

Never go anywhere without my NAA mini, it fits in the watch pocket or I can wear it as part of a belt buckle, I also carry a 38 snubby with 2 speed loaders with loads of hydroshock.

Yep,

Just returned from a trip to Northern WI. Balmy weather in the teens . My Bulldog Pug was in a holster in my coat pocket the entire time while hiking and goofing around on the property with my daughters, nieces wife and sister.

Take care folks

You missed the warm front... -18 tonight, gusting winds around 30 mph so, by my monkey math that'll be at around -40 or so with wind chill.

Feels like I never left Alaska.

I prefer a revolver for coat pocket carry. I wouldn't carry one like that if it had a hammer, though. Too many things can go wrong that way. Removing a hammer spur is not difficult. Any revolver can become hammerless.

For sure, I'm in the process right now of shortening the barrel and cutting the hammer off one of my old single actions. 100% safe for pocket carry. I am just kidding of coarse, now I want a big bore pocket gun too.

I second post #23

I usually pocket carry a Kahr CM-40 in both front pockets and an extended mag that obviously fits either in my back pocket! Great little carry guns and good prices right now too!

I pocket carry pretty much all of the time (G27 in kydex pocket holster). Sometimes OWB w/ retention strap for activities like kayaking. Small like an LCP when "I can't carry a gun."

Back