Tips to stop scope creep on .22 without loctite?

There are two different sizes for grooved receivers. There are 3/8" and 11mm.
And the sellers often don't know this either.
If memory serves, the 11 mm mounts are more popular for air rifles but often sold for rimfires.
Some will supposedly fit either or, but in my experience, not very well.

Last edited:
And the sellers often don't know this either.
If memory serves, the 11 mm mounts are more popular for air rifles but often sold for rimfires.
Some will supposedly fit either or, but in my experience, not very well.
Correct. You can usually get the 11mm on the 3/8" receiver, but not the other way around. The sellers could do a lot better job if they knew this themselves as you stated. Let's just get the word out that there are actually two sizes since the people selling this stuff don't seem to be doing it very well. Good comments on your part.

Screw-on standard bases are the answer if you are able to get them for your rifle. Semi-auto .22s and the built-in grooved receiver mounts almost always seem to have that problem sooner or later.

.22 scope mount problem

Whered you go, everymanalion? Please let us know if you solved the problem. I agree that this is a rare problem with a .22. How tight are you tighening the screws? Are the scope rings the right size for the scope? Do you own a torque screwdriver? Lotsa good info here but you need to reply for us to help any further...

Larry

For the most part, I've given up on dovetail mounts. Even if you tighten the screws, a slight bump often changes POI.

I just find Weaver bases that fit and drill and tap.

If you want to stop the mounts from sliding and don't care if it doesn't look particularly good, you could take a pin punch and hammer to squeeze both dovetails down...just ahead of the front mount.

Back