Tips for deescalating conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always amazed when I hear stories like that one concerning your friend. I'm glad for him, and I wish him every continued success. For the other 49 out of 50, who don't do as well, I've gotten to where I shrug, shake my head and wonder at the taunting, miserable, impervious, unfathomable nature of addiction in all its forms, and why we haven't done better at finding a kink in its armour.

I know a lot of biochemistry, but I haven't a clue about addiction. It's one of those metaphysical paradoxes in which the more we learn, the more we discover we don't know. Bigger better brains than mine have devoted lifetimes to unraveling this "gordian knot" that besets man. And for all I've learned about it, one of the few things I'm truly sure of is that people who beat that demon for any length of time are due my undiluted respect.

Mokumbear,
let me clearly make a point some others have hinted at. You aren't backing down from an unknown person with no clear authority on a web forum. You are sticking to your guns and not backing down on something most of us would consider extremely trivial or take as needed criticism.
You relate stories, that are not at all life threatening IMO based on your description, to CCW. WHy are these situations related to CCW? I can see the connection unless you think they are situations where you were close to pulling. I can't see how a rational person in control of their emotions could draw that conclusion from the events you describe.

I have a ton of posts here. More than anyone actively participating in this thread at this point and more than some of the admins I believe. Many of them are questions because I often think of customization ideas, and I have found it is much much cheaper to run them by people here than to start in with the dremel. I get some great information from some of the dumbest questions imaginable. My other posts are mostly garbage. I've been around here a while and I admit IS a lot of garbage under my name. Post count means nothing and I don't know how else you are going to measure seniority.

Most of the people who have been around here a while see patterns from threads they have seen before, know where a thread is going, know everything relevant has already been said this time and the last, and stop posting or even reading. There are a lot of recurring themes I avoid now. They also don't want to post something that could come up in a court case later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back