Tingle MFG. CO.

Thanks for the comments!

There was also a Tingle B/p revolver many years before the ROA and supposedly even better.

Yes there was. It can be seen in the Gun Digest article at the beginning of this thread. His revolver pre-dated the ROA by 10 yrs.

the finish almost looks parkerized?

It has been refinished. It's a really flat type of finish. Not sure exactly what it is. I do like it though, it leaves no fingerprints.

Do you know if he made the barrels as well (i.e. machined and rifled them)or did he utilize someone else's blanks?

I don't think he made the barrels. I believe he got them elsewhere and modified them. (I think it talks about that in the article above).

;)

Birch

Wow, but that's a nice one. I passed on a .40 a few years back and have regretted it every time I hear Bob Tingle's name. :o

I believe I found an original and not a copy just like yours. i see this post is rather old but i was wondering if this would pick it up again.

I picked this up and was just going to hang it on my wall to be honest. After looking for what i could find on the internet, i realized someone might really want this thing as more than a shelf queen! So I'm looking to unload it and don't know where the appropriate place is or how much i should be trying to get. Any ideas?

20150327_173719_zpsfuhwlnvs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey Birch! Nice Tingle. I remember those well from earlier days. I never had one but knew a few who did and often saw them at Friendship. Bob Tingle was well respected for his work. I don't know how "rare" they are but I suspect they are getting harder to find. I remember thinking about getting one but opted for a '60 Colt Army instead . . . when you're young and foolish "more shots" just seemed like the thing to do! :roll eyes:

If that picture of your shooting room is recent . . . I see green grass and I'm guessing the weather is at least nicer than it was? From the looks of your target - I'd say you have that Tingle zeroed in mighty well! Maybe years ago I should have opted for a Tingle rather than a '60 Army? That one well placed shot would sure be a lot better than six poorly placed ones! :D

Have fun shooting it and enjoy! Kindest regards! Jim :)

Very nice indeed!

I see these now and then from the same seller at the Indy 1500. And a local bait/gun shop owner has had one in the bottom display case for a Looong time. I always look at it, but have never taken it farther than that. If I may ask what is considered a decent price for a excellent condition clean tingle? The one locally is a .45, the two that keep popping up at the 1500 are both .40s I believe.

I really have no idea on a price. The guys that have them just don't sell them. They do not come up for sale very often.

kindest regards and all the best,

Birch

Seeking info on Tingle black powder pistol

I picked this up Saturday at the Syracuse gun show.
It's a very early example, serial number 19.
Anybody know how to remove the barrel?
# 19 doesn't have the allen screw on the bottom of the frame in front of the trigger guard.
And what holds the grips onto the grip frame?
I would like to shoot this, but want to inspect the barrel when it's out of the frame first.
Any assistance would be appreciated!

DSC01192_zpsubhfpbdq.jpg

DSC01194_zpsduv79rg8.jpg

DSC01195_zpshjkclcbn.jpg

DSC01197_zpsnnfamx5x.jpg

DSC01200_zpsnhqnnqjv.jpg

DSC01202_zpsiwwhvqo9.jpg

Pretty sure the barrel will have to be unscrewed from the frame. The grips are one piece and the grip frame holds them on.

Hawg,
See that triangular part below the barrel? I believe it's brazed into a groove machined in the barrel. The rear edge of the triangle also extends into a vertical groove in the frame, so that prevents the barrel from rotating.

Look at the pictures of a later version of this gun posted on page 1 of this thread.

Maybe it's the front trigger guard screw that locks the barrel into the frame.

I will remove that screw tomorrow and see what happens.

Back