Times in training

Status
Not open for further replies.
The abstract equality of CCW and LEO standards sounds fine except for the fact that one would expect the LEOs to have exercises that entail physical fitness beyond that of many CCW types.

They should run and shoot. They should go through some FOF. They shoot a rather large gun.

Now do I expect older folks, etc. to go through the same physicality? Or is it just popping at some paper.

I could do the physical stuff in the day - but as an old toot - and getting older - is that a fair demand for CCW?

I don't think so.

I was simply referring to a marksmanship standard. I believe it should be mandated, more of your personal responsibility as a CCW holder. I am sure most people here are above average, just by expressing interest in learning from others.

Except those protections aren't related to shooting ability.

I felt that we were talking about shooting ability and that the point being made was that CC should have shooting qualifications equal to or greater than LEO. The point I was trying to make was under those circumstances they should be entitled to the same legal protections as LEO in regards to a shooting incident. Maybe I wasn't on the same page as everyone else.:confused: Its been known to happen.:D

leprechaun50 said:
I felt that we were talking about shooting ability and that the point being made was that CC should have shooting qualifications equal to or greater than LEO. The point I was trying to make was under those circumstances they should be entitled to the same legal protections as LEO in regards to a shooting incident....
Yes, I know exactly the point you were trying to make. The point I was making is that's preposterous. The two have nothing to do with each other. The protections afforded an LEO under 42 USC 1983 case law are not prizes to be found in boxes of Cracker Jacks. They reflect certain unique characteristics of the role and responsibilities society imposes on LEOs.

In MO the po-po don't have extra 'protections' though there are provisions in 563 that set forth various levels of force permitted in making arrests, preventing escapes and other activities common to the trade. I never got a Fargo North decoder ring, either.

I don't know what protections he is referring too. I never had any special protection. I have been investigated and sued for actions within policy and law.

Not sure how we got to 42 USC 1983 from a discussion about the distances at which someone interested in self-defense might need to be proficient.

But I am pretty clear on this one: the role of law enforcement in America does not fall into the "Tactics and Training" subject of this forum. If you'd like to continue that aspect of the discussion, I suggest you do so down in the Legal forum.

pax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back