Time spent on gun "research"

I'm like you Longshanks, I read about guns ALL THE TIME. Regardless of whether I have any interest in buying them personally.

For me, I'm interested in the material... but I also like to be well informed. My friends and family know I'm a "gun guy" and it's a matter of some pride that I have answers when they ask me obscure questions. I like to be a resource.

I have lots of interests other than guns. With guns, there's not to many social outlets to talk about guns. Some circles, gun discussions are a no-go. Sometimes just slightly taboo. Extreme cases you can find yourself unemployed if you mention firearms. In other words, I get my gun chatting done on TFL, for lack real life venues.

^^^this is the same for me.

also if I have any questions about guns I find I get better answers on a forum vs. magazines, gun shops, or even the very few individuals I know who own guns because the audience here is virtually unlimited.

Out of 24 hrs in the day id say I spend about 26 hours researching. At least that's how my wife feels about it. In all reality I'd say I spend about a few hours a day on the forums/YouTube

I started taking gun rags in the late 70's. I think I still have everyone of them . File cabinets full! Lost of good info in them. I still cruise estate sales, garage sales, library sales and resell stores for anything I can find related to firearms and all things related. I have a pretty extensive reference library by now. I cruise the net now every day. So, I guess I spend too much time researching them!:)

Much. I dream, I drool, I antagonize myself over what Im saving up for next. It is an obsession. At least Im not alone.

I'd have to say a minimum of 3 hours a day... for the past 5 years.

OMG! We must be related!

Much to my chagrin this is probably true for me too!! Not a bad way to spend time, but I do have far more pressing things to see too and yet, they tend to get rearranged. Far worse is the fact that half thetime it is all the stuff that I could either not afford or not find here in Estonia.

I mean, what practical purpose is there to my researching the costs of .480 Ruger reloading supplies when there is not one example in the whole country or even local international region?!

Back