Time Frame on Primers

RoyceP - Welcome to Wyoming. The only State in the Union without a Bass pro or Cabelas.
But then you guys head up to Billings to shop at Cabelas ;) . The long line of cars coming from Wyoming every day :) to get away from the sales tax....

I still hold out hope for cheaper primers (but no holding my breath), but to many people, they seems to 'need' them and accept the astronomical prices and buy anyway. So it goes. suppy/demand at work.... I am not hurting for a few years yet.

Airborne,
CCI’S No 34 is a milspec “Large Rifle Magnum Primer” you may have got them Mixed up with CCI’s No 41 which is a milspec small rifle magnum primer.

Its easy too do.

Absolutely 100% correct men .... that's what posting under the influence will-do. Plus age and stage. Numbers get all convoluted, things get blurry, wife messing with me ... grandkids running around, dogs wanting attention ... life is hard.

;)

ETA: I'm pretty-much feeling like a dumbass right now if that's any consolation. 34s ... 41s ... sheesh.

Last edited:
An adult that admits his/her mistake? That's not being a dumbass. Dumbasses refuse to admit their mistake and double-down. We all make mistakes. And, I've made plenty of them.

rclark said:
But then you guys head up to Billings to shop at Cabelas . The long line of cars coming from Wyoming every day to get away from the sales tax....

If anyone wants to travel to my state, I'd suggest to keep driving past Cabelas and go to Sheels, instead.

Speaking of Sheels; I just picked up a few pounds of powder. They had Remington No. 1 1/2 primers for $85. Not the best price. But they had CCI No. 41 for well over $100 (maybe $130?). Hard pass on that.

I think primers are slowly starting to hit shelves and powder moreso. I wouldn't expect to see them fully stocked until at least this time next year.

I made the rounds Friday of three shops stocking reloading supplies. I found Shotgun Primers at all three locations from $76.99 - $85 per 1000. Other than that I saw Three Cartons of Large Pistol Primers.

A local Pawn & Gun has some primers, however it is hard to pay what he is asking for them. Lets put it this way, he has Shooters World Powder for $49.95 a pound. At most places locally it is around $32.99 a pound.

I hope the new operation in Texas gets primers in production soon.

Bob R

Thanks Shane ??????

Viper, yeah that VihtaVuori plant under construction in Texas may save us in the long run. They'll be quality primers too ... VihtaVouri is my favorite line of powder.

But then you guys head up to Billings to shop at Cabelas . The long line of cars coming from Wyoming every day to get away from the sales tax....

HeHeHe!

Avoiding the 5-6% was nice when fuel prices allowed for a savings. Not so much anymore.

We see a few boxes of primers here and there. But I still need Large Rifle Primers of some sort. Was at an estate auction the other day. Family was selling grandpa's stuff. Primers were a hot item and sold for $140 - $150 per 1000. Bidders were relentless.

Such as it is right now.

Back