Ticks!

I use Skin So Soft,Expidition Grade. Ticks fall off on contact.They do not like it.I reapply it every 45mins to an hour. A little bit gos a long way. Been very successful for me. I have had ticks embedded several times and have taken the antibotics to prevent lime.So far so good. Since I started using Skin So Soft I have not had a bite.

It's LYME disease .Lime is what you put into the coconut ! :rolleyes:

Someone told me of a place where moose have so many ticks this year that they don't bother hunting them !! WI has enormous numbers of ticks which is a danger to young animals regardless of ticks !
Here in NY there are no doctors who know Lyme in the Adirondacks .In the lower Hudson valley , known as the Lyme hotspot , many doctors are clueless.

Does anyone use Gaiters to keep off ticks ? I suppose you could make them easy enough with bright orange fabric .

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/gaiter.html
Here's one place that can help you make them and they have the fabric..I've done business with them .They have lots of DIY sewing things for outdoor projects.
Google for others.

Last edited:
Mother vote for sulfur powder. We put it in our socks we were wearing. As you move you get a light dusting

Back