Tick Time!

Lots of old timers swear that drinking a big swallow of vinegar every day keeps bugs off you. Apparently, it makes the skin unappetizing. I can't do it. I can drink pickle juice but not straight vinegar.

Permethrin is highly toxic to cats, I keep my outdoor and hunting gear in a room where mine isn't allowed. When I'm out in the woods in tick season I use my garage as a staging area. I'll change into my treated clothes there before I head out and then change into non-treated clothes and complete my tick check in the garage when I get home.

I've also got Ticked Off spoons in my car, pack, and the house. They're the best tool I've found for removing ticks. Especially from dogs. After I remove the tick I drop it in a sealed container with some rubbing alcohol.

Rodents carry ticks, they're a big part of the tick's life cycle. Keeping rodents in check on your property is important. My indoor cat takes care of that inside pretty well, so despite everything else he does to drive me nuts I keep him away from Permethrin.

Y'all inspired me to hit amazon for permethrin concentrate & a sprayer to douse my woods clothes in.

Parasites, I hate parasites.

Also did research and decided to spray my front yard & porch area to deal with mosquitoes.

Back