thoughts on xd subcompact vs glock 26 ?

For a bit more $$$, you can buy an aftermarket part for Glocks called the "Gadget" that allows your thumb to prevent the striker from moving rearward if the trigger is pressed inadvertently, such as when inserting into the holster. Many people I know use these on their Glocks. They aren't safeties, but rather passive mechanisms that prevent (or at least help to prevent) negligent discharges, just as an exposed hammer would.

Glock + Gadget, XD series with grip safety, and any hammer-fired gun will offer that extra measure of protection against accidental trigger presses. Most other pistols either have active measures (e.g. thumb safeties) or none at all.

"Keep yer booger hook off yer bang switch" makes for great internet memes, but even the most disciplined shooters can find themselves facing negligence.

Congrats on your XD purchase, I think you'll like it.

I personally have never liked gwocks, but I have have heavily enjoyed the springfield lineups. you probably couldn't go wrong with either choice as both are reliable and accurate pieces, considering the size.

I have carried springfields exclusively ever since I retired my Ruger SR9c from that position about 5 years ago. I have never had a problem finding a good holster for any of them. heavily recommend tulster holsters if you like clamshell IWB holsters for that task. I have never needed an extractor or any other warranty work, and although they do not specify a lifetime warranty, the few cases I have heard of factory defects were taken care of by springfield.

given your preference for the glock 19 you would likely be more familiar and comfortable with the glock 26 out of the box, but do not believe that it is in any way, a better firearm and the springfield XD or XDM line.

I personally have never liked gwocks, but I have have heavily enjoyed the springfield lineups. you probably couldn't go wrong with either choice as both are reliable and accurate pieces, considering the size.

I have carried springfields exclusively ever since I retired my Ruger SR9c from that position about 5 years ago. I have never had a problem finding a good holster for any of them. heavily recommend tulster holsters if you like clamshell IWB holsters for that task. I have never needed an extractor or any other warranty work, and although they do not specify a lifetime warranty, the few cases I have heard of factory defects were taken care of by springfield.

given your preference for the glock 19 you would likely be more familiar and comfortable with the glock 26 out of the box, but do not believe that it is in any way, a better firearm and the springfield XD or XDM line.

the holster comming with the gun is a concealment express iwb with a claw kit

i have one of thier holsters for my g19 and like it so i prolly wont be getting another one for the xd

picked it up today put a box of blazer 115g threw it , brought it home cleaned and oiled it loaded it with my carry ammo , and prolly wont carry my glock 19 much now
dWtQbDS.jpg

I have carried springfields exclusively ever since I retired my Ruger SR9c from that position about 5 years ago. I have never had a problem finding a good holster for any of them. heavily recommend tulster holsters if you like clamshell IWB holsters for that task.

Glocks are the absolute easiest to find holsters for. Looking around, I see small holster makers with interesting products, sometimes making for a very short list of guns. Glocks are always on that list.

I'm coming to think that holster availability ought to play a bigger part in our "what next gun?" consideration, than it usually does.

If you go and buy the latest hot Euroblaster pushed by the gun websites and magazines, and lo, you can't find a holster for it, are you actually going to carry it?

I have never needed an extractor or any other warranty work, and although they do not specify a lifetime warranty, the few cases I have heard of factory defects were taken care of by springfield.

I have needed warranty work. Locking block on my .40 subcompact chipped. Known issue, fixed early in the service size, as it turns out, not so early in the subcompact. Springfield was easy to deal with, paid shipping, and the gun was fixed (with upgraded parts) and back in my hand in 10 days.

I cannot complain about that.

the holster comming with the gun is a concealment express iwb with a claw kit

i have one of thier holsters for my g19 and like it so i prolly wont be getting another one for the xd

Cheap holsters. (They're not bad holsters, by any means. The one I got for my G2C is perfectly servicable, and ticks off all the check boxes for what a holster should do.)

I'm coming to think that holster availability ought to play a bigger part in our "what next gun?" consideration, than it usually does.

If you go and buy the latest hot Euroblaster pushed by the gun websites and magazines, and lo, you can't find a holster for it, are you actually going to carry it?
considering the XD has been around for 20 years now... I don't know if I would call them " the latest hot euroblaster"... that's all I'm really gonna say about that.

Oh man. I would not trade a Glock for an XD any day of the week. That's just me.

Glad you feel that way, though. Sincerely.

If it's a 19 and you want to get rid of it, PM me.

im not going to get rid of it it still has its place the smaller xd is just nicer with my job and my daily activities

ive actually got 2 a legit glock 19 and a p80 19 i built myself as a toy just cause
6yRjwIu.png

odd thing is i actually prefer the grip on the p80 frame i dont carry that one though not with the holo and threaded barrel on it , deff a fun toy for the range though, the p80 might go away one of my bosses actually asked me if i wanted to get rid of it

Last edited:

considering the XD has been around for 20 years now... I don't know if I would call them " the latest hot euroblaster"... that's all I'm really gonna say about that.

I was speaking in general, not specifically to the "XD vs. Glock?" question. Of course it's not difficult to find a usable, even good, XD holster. I have a few myself.

Back! Back! lol, I called it! :D haha.

OP, glad to hear it. I wouldn't recommend you selling it. Unless it's to me or USNRet93.

Trust me...I think you're going to come right back to the Glock again.

If you decide to take a class. Take both the XD and factory Glock with you.

im bad , the p80 is gone and i put down a bunch of money on a p365 , the oem g19 isnt going anywere there

so ive goten about 400 rounds out of it now just practicing with it on the range single/multiple target stuff , and i have to say im really enjoying the xd , the glock is deffinatly a easier to shoot accurate fast follow up shots with , but nothing i cant correct with some more practice with the xd

last 2 days its been close to 50* out which means no jacket so the smaller size has been nice there otherwise id have been carrying my lc9 which i hate

really looking forward to getting the p365 end of this week as well

Back