thoughts on xd subcompact vs glock 26 ?

mel80

im lookign for a new carry gun for when the weather warms back up to replace my lcp

i was thinking i was just going to get a new g26 with as much as i like my g19, but a friend of mine is getting rid of there xd + extras for a good price

thoughts on one vs the other ?

im lookign for a new carry gun for when the weather warms back up to replace my lcp

i was thinking i was just going to get a new g26 with as much as i like my g19, but a friend of mine is getting rid of there xd + extras for a good price

Glock has better aftermarket support. Much easier to find a good holster for one. Parts, all of them, are readily available.

Folks on "the Innernet" will mock you for your choice of XD.

Can't get extractors for the XD -- factory only part.

My gripes about the XD are the higher bore axis and the grip safety.

I do think the grip on the XD feels better. I have shot XDs better than Glocks and I have owned several Glocks.

Pick your poison I guess.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ive shot the xd already and i can shoot well with it , havent had the chance to shoot a g26 yet. might just end up with both cause f it why not. though i do need to see if i cant get my hands on a g26 for now to try out

if i buy the xd it does come with a good holster spare mags and stuff so wont have to worry about that

I like the ergos better on the XD, but all of the triggers I've tried have been mush. If they were more like the one on my xd-s(not mod 2) I'd be carrying one. Glock 26 gets my vote for the slightly better trigger and lighter weight, and lower bore axis.

Also check out the SIG 365; smaller, more rounds, and with the 12 round mag, fits my hands like a dream

Also check out the SIG 365; smaller, more rounds, and with the 12 round mag, fits my hands like a dream

its on my list along with the p320 subcompact which i kinda like cause if i wanna change it later just buy the x change kit

i know somone with a p365 i could borrow at the range to try, the p320 on the hand nope,, local gun shop doesnt have one either

I prefer the XD series over Glocks. I've owned/shot over a dozen of them. Zero malfunctions and all were bought used.

Compact mags were dirt cheap a few months back. Maybe still are.

Pros (vs Glock): Easier to disassemble, less expensive (also better value), cheaper mags, full mags still drop free, grip safety (if you hold it right it's a non-issue... plus how many 1911 owners you know disable theirs?)

Cons (vs Glock): Harder to sell, fewer aftermarket options, night sights are a PITA, less internet street cred (lol)

I'd take 3 XDs over 2 Glocks any day.

Maybe pony up to the XDM line. IMO far superior to Glock. I carry a XDM-45 3.8 every day.

I always found the G26 to feel odd in my hand. It felt chunkier although its measurements are very close to the XD's. I loved my XD Subcompact 9mm, although the "mushy" trigger was part of it. It's not a weakness, really, since few guns meant for self defense have awesome triggers. In this size category there's also the PPQ SC although it holds fewer rounds than its competitors at the same size, e.g. 10 in the space that a G26 would hold 12 with the extended magazine. P320 SC is also comparable and holds 12.

Unless you want the thicker gun, the P365 and now Hellcat are kinda killing it. Glock 26 capacity in Glock 43 sizes. I shoot larger guns better and thus prefer to carry them whenever I can.

Anyways, to the XD question, mine was flawless, simple to maintain and shot very well. It was the gun on which I first learned to shoot.

Shot the XD, bought a G26..BIG advantage to G26 is the ability to use G19/G17/G19x/G45 magazines. I EDC my G26 with a G19 magazine with sleeve. 15+1..If clothes don't allow, then I use a G26 magazine with a +1 pinky extender..11+1. When I go to the range with G26..I use my G17(including a 33R), magazines..

If ya 'really like your G19'..my G26 'feels' like a short barrel G19..

ALSO handled the Sig 365, 'issues' aside, feels really wimpy, thin in my hand.
Really like the weight and thickness of the G26/19/17/45/19x grips.

Last edited:
well the xd is to good of a price to pass up so im picking it up thursday , honestly it feels good in my hands and i can shoot well with it so i dont see any reason not to there

could possibly still pick up a glock 26 , or i may look at the p365/hellcat instead for something even smaller down the road

One thing you can safely holster an XD by keeping your hand off of the grip safety while holstering. I liked that when I had my XDS.

Bought one XD. They would be the last choice when it comes to a striker fired plastic pistol.

Glock is good, so is S&W, but IMO the Sig 365 is the better option in this size pistol. They are closer to the G43 in size, yet come with 10 round mags with 12 and 15 round mags available. Cost is about the same and the Sig has the better trigger.

Good for you getting the XD, makes sense to pick one up since your buddy can give you a deal. Definitely a good gun, and I like the grip safety. Don’t worry about making a mistake—you didn’t. You can always get a Glock later if you want.

Good for you getting the XD, makes sense to pick one up since your buddy can give you a deal. Definitely a good gun, and I like the grip safety. Don’t worry about making a mistake—you didn’t. You can always get a Glock later if you want.
at just over 300$ , spare mags , case + iwb holster with claw kit and mag carrier it was to hard to turn down , and i know its been taken care of

I would highly recommend the XD9SC , it's a well built gun, I like the trigger pull, it's smooth. Having a XD9 SC is kind of like a Hybrid with some nice features like a Gen 5 Glock

rifled barrel , heavy duty double recoil spring assembly, no finger grooves, factory steel sights, ambi mag release, grip safety, LCI , cocked striker indicater, forged steel slide & barrel.

and for very reasonable price, and often come with extras.

Back