THoughts on switching ammo for summer / winter

they claim it works with heavy clothing and bare chest lol

Bullets go through you unless you have Body armor designed for a caliber defence. I highly doubt a few layers of heavy jackets can stop a bullet, its just leather/fluff, it isnt kevlar. Any gun is going to kill, it's all about placement shots. Look at the wars, people were hit and kept fighting in some cases.

Want some stopping power? get a S&W 500 :eek::rolleyes::D

BTT, you should swap ammo once every 6~12 months. I have no idea how this topic on handgun ammo got to rifle ammo, thats not what the OP is talking about, he is talking about SD carrying. Not carrying a rifle :rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
No lol!!! a S&W 500 is a very powerful handgun and it shoots the S&W 500 caliber?

Look at picture.

S&W 500 is not a carrying gun. It's for hunting, unless you wanted to carry that monster... Good luck, and if you had to use it in SD I think the Judge would be hard on you.

If you are so fixed on "stopping power" get a 10mm or 44mag.

Attachments

• hpower.jpg
    hpower.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
You say it's not a carrying gun?

I'm sure in some states it is, along with other stuff like the 14" barreled 460XVR

attachment.php

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Attachments

• BeachGunOpenCarry.jpg
    BeachGunOpenCarry.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 903
attachment.php

But being as this is a .500 S&W Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your hand clean off, if you were using a Taurus, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Attachments

• dh.jpg
    dh.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 114
No point in changing ammo. If your hollow point gets clogged and fails to expand, it will function the same as ball. I just carry the heaviest Hp round that I can.

Back