Thoughts on Remington .22 JET

jglsprings, I posted a thank you for the link to Bullberry but for some reason I see it didn't make it. So here it is again: Thanks for the link.
It was a mistake on my part... After looking at the site I'm getting the itch for a 221 Fireball!

But, you are welcome. :rolleyes:

Barrel lengths for most things revolver is from the forcing cone to the muzzle. That is, before the revolver is assembled, measure the barrel length!

You can try running a wood dowel through from the muzzle and mark it when you reach the forcing cone.

cdoc42, Advertised revolver barrel lengths are often nominal, but in any case easiest measured from muzzle to front of cylinder. That measurement will be a few thousandths different than measuring muzzle to face of forcing cone due to B/C gap, if it matters. Your 5 13/16", would be shown in the catalog as a 6" inch barrel. Just as a similar for instance, I have a Colt revolver with a "4 inch barrel" that is actually only about 3 7/8". More recently, manufacturers seem to be starting to advertise barrel lengths closer to actual length,e.g., S&W revolvers with 1 7/8" barrels instead of "2"" barrels. Odd, but more correct. I wouldn't be surprised if owner/s somewhere had sued over being shorted 1/8" of barrel or something...

Back