Thoughts on Beretta APX?

Hmm.
After digging a bit, I think I'd rather cut some coils and see what I can get.**
If it doesn't work out, replacement springs are currently easy to get.

**Along with a little polishing.

A final note on my experience: even the A1/“competition” striker spring made little difference, cutting trigger weight by only 6/10ths of a pound. Trigger is still close to 7 pounds.

My gunsmith’s surmise is that the Brazilian police agency WANTED a heavier trigger on its guns, and Beretta complied. Not sure how.

Difficult to fire accurately and fast. Worse trigger than virtually every other striker fired pistol I’ve shot, except for maybe Smith SD9, which at least has an Apex kit available which is definitely supposed to help there.

Yeah haven’t tried Beretta because of intervening purchase. Someone with gunsmithing skills could probably improve it. It’s been reliable at least. And better shooters could probably shoot it better.

Because it’s reliable, and solid, with little trade value, will probably stick around for awhile.

I appreciate you bringing this up again. After some use, mine isn't all that horrible. Trigger is still not good, but it might be getting better. Will hopefully keep improving slowly.

The trigger on mine is continuing to improve, or I’m getting used to it. Still not close to a PDP, but feeling better about this purchase.

Back