Thoughts on a 22 mag

If your belief is a rimfire is a rimfire then you probably won't think the 22 Mag is much different than the 17HMR. On the other hand , if like me you view the 17 hmr as different than the 22lr you will enjoy the 22 mag. I think my 22 mag has much more thump than my 17hmr. I'd also personally view the high velocity 22lr as the midpoint beween the other two ,if there is a midpoint. They are really three quite different critters in my humble opinion.

They are really three quite different critters in my humble opinion.
I wholeheartedly agree.
But, we could discuss the differences until the cows come home, and still not provide an argument to help the poor guy out.

In this situation, I think my previous post is applicable. They're close enough that having both is redundant.

3 critters

Yeah +1 to that,and there's a 4th critter, the resurrected 5mm Mag.

But........Taylors s idea of investing the dough in a loading rig and doing .223 is a good one.

Great little caliber the 22 Mag is. Accurate. Has plenty of punch. Not to expensive to shoot. Pretty light in weight. Scoped or open sights a little Marlin would make a great little rifle to carry around on a tractor or in a pick-up. To be honest I think the 22 Mag will be around allot longer than most guys Threading on this topic. Keep in mind chiefsimms9 the 22-LR and the 22 Mag "Have been. And always will be Kings. Of the small bore rim fires."_:)

Back