This Years Harvest Pictures

TX Hunter

This Years Deer Harvest Pictures

I just thought I would post a couple of pictures of the Deer that I have taken this Season.
The Buck was a Ten Point taken last weekend on Family Land, and the Doe was taken this morning on Public Hunting Land with an Antlerless Deer Permit. :)
PS I used my Ruger Frontier .308 for both Deer Harvested.

IMG_7352-1.jpg

Photo533.jpg

Last edited:
Dang not one single reply, and 128 people have looked at it, guess everyone is tired of looking at average deer.LOL [/B]

Very nice! Nothing wrong with an average deer, there is a reason they are the average haha. I have only gone hunting once in my life and didn't really care for shooting the animal but i was a teen. Lately i have been becoming more interested just need to learn the ropes haha.

Edit: I live in alaska and i kinda wish there was game about that size here. pretty much only small game or huge game lol. I'm a small person don't need hundreds of pounds of moose meat lol.

Dang not one single reply, and 128 people have looked at it, guess everyone is tired of looking at average deer.LOL

Hey TX, could be everyone's figuring this is the thread for tomato's, peas, corn and such.

Couple of nice deer though. Hear in southeast NY the weather has been so unseasonably warm, the the deer are staying at the beach to cool down. No rubs, no evidence of rut yet, weird season.

I'm a small person don't need hundreds of pounds of moose meat

Kimbertron, never had the opportunity to shoot a moose or an elk but have thought about it when I've taken a largish white tail and have a couple mile drag. Most places I hunt are on public lands closed to motorized vehicles and usually woods too thick anyway. (one of the reasons I always go up instead of down to hunt if I have the option).

Last edited:
the the deer are staying at the beach to cool down

Maybe i have too active of an imagination, but when i read this an image of deer on beach chairs with a cooler of beer popped into my head lol.

That was kind of the image I had when I wrote that.

I live in the interior of Alaska so beaches are a mysterious place to me lol. Didn't know if it was joking or if deer ever were seen on the beach haha.

The Deer here are very unpredictable right now, they move alot at night, and spend most of the day hid out in the brush and thickets.
There has been some chasing going on though, and last week a man found two bucks locked up, they had already died when he found them.
Thanks for the replies.

Just out of curiosity, how much meat do you get off a deer that size? Also should ask how much that one weighed to start with, 100 pounds?

Kimberton,

I didnt weigh either deer, but I would guess the buck at around 120 Pounds, and the doe was probably about 90.

If you bone out the meat, you usually get around 50 pounds of meat off a deer the size of the buck and probably about 40 off the doe.
We have already eaten the backstrap and tinderloins from the buck, and had Sausage made out of the rest, we had some pork mixed in about 60%Deer 40% pork and got back 70 LBS of links.

Oh that's more meat then i thought. With the price of food these days that's a god deal for .308 rounds :D. Kinda encouraging me to try hunting on my own.

TX hunter that is not at all what I call an average,take a look at an average deer I killed last weekend on the 2011 harvest thread! That's an average buck in my eyes, your's is above average in my book.

both are nice deer... I'm hoping to get to take a couple of does this year. I've missed out the last couple of years. I'm ready for some more chili, jerky, and steaks... good stuff. ;)

Your deer look better than the deer around here. This summers drought really made for some skinny deer. We had been seeing doe's with twins every year until this year too. Just singles this year.

Back