This should settle the AK vs. M16 debate.

Seriously, how hard could it be to teach a soldier to fire an AK? Manual of arms? Besides the fact that they should already be familiar with AKs, it is just not that hard. I would say it would take 15-20 minutes training. Tops.

No, they had to design a whole new gun. It is only tax payer money. No big deal.

I'm sure that we could get our hands on a few AK47's,AK74's or AKM's to hand out to the SF guys. It's not like the US Government doesn't have a few of these in their inventory somewhere.:rolleyes:

It's not a training issue at all. It's the fact that the AK is not suitable for what the SOF community needs. There are plenty of AK series weapons in the Army inventory. The Special Operations community asked that this weapon be created/ They could have had any AK they wanted, and they wanted an M4 that was in 7.62x39 and used AK mags.

This is probably a little more dangerous, because in many parts of the world, soldiers with M16 type weapons will be identified as American. Soldiers dressed like the locals carrying AKs would be more easily confused with friendly foreces by the enemy. So obviously these professional warriors realize the tactical advantage just carrying AKs would give them is out wieghed by the greater reliability and accuracy of an M16.

Jeff

That should stir the pot

:D

This thing still has the crappy direct impingement gas system does it not? Now firing even dirtier ammo, what a great combo! Or not... Still need to fix that. Should have just built a quality AK that had M4 like controls...

is out wieghed by the greater reliability ... of an M16.

I know you didn't just say that! LOL

Back