thinnest pistol .380 or above?

I'm very skinny and I PC the Kimber Micro 380 in a Desantis Nemesis holster. Perfect combination for me. Very comfortable . Never really gave any concern to comparing "thin" between handguns. Love my Micro.

Howdy HVR,

My vote is for the Kahr .380 pocket pistol, but the CW380 version, not the P380.

The CW380 is the less-expensive variant of the Kahr pistol, with minor cosmetic differences from the P380, along with a rifled barrel instead of a polygonal bore.

Since I reload cast bullets for my CW380, I prefer the rifled tube so as to eliminate any possibility of trouble with lead bullet loads in a polygonal bore.

The tiny CW380 disappears in a pants pocket, and has a very smooth double-action trigger-pull that makes for a very "shootable" little gem. Mine will group my 95-grain cast bullet loads in 2 to 2 1/2-inches at 15 yards, offhand.

I find the Kahr much, much easier to shoot accurately than the Ruger LCP, and it's only about an ounce heavier than the Ruger.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Cary Gunn, I cannot find a Kahr cw380 for sale on gb, have they discontinued that model?
You have a picture of it?

Hello Double K,

I suspect the Covid panic is the reason for the shortage of Kahr CW380's.

The CW380 is listed on the Gallery of Guns "Gun Genie" site (Davidson's), but, like all other of the many, many models of Kahr pistols, it is listed as "out of stock."

The CW 380 has to be one of the more popular of Kahr's offering, and I doubt Kahr would be discontinuing it. It's probably just a supply shortage brought about by the high demand in these crazy times.

I sure hope you can find one. I think it's probably the "most shootable" of all the ultra-small .380 pocket autos.

Mine is "rabbit head" accurate at 12 to 15 yards offhand. It's a true pleasure to shoot.

Good luck and happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Since Kahr just discontinued one P380 varient, I doubt it's COVID and more that it is completely square in the pocket and the LCP is thinner despite the Kahr claim of .75" width

Back