Thinking about getting a full auto

Chipperman, what if it is a true H&K factory MP5A3 full auto that was not converted to auto from semi like most out there?

My understanding is that there are a few transferable original factory MP5's out there. I believe they are all Registered Receivers and have push pin lowers.

Origonal MP5's

It is a little know fact and often gotten wrong, that there are no transferable 'factory' MP5's in the registry. All available MP5's that are out there are in fact conversions. H&K only made their MP5's for Military Units, but a few "Dealer Samples" made it into circulation. The 'factory' MP5's that you are referencing are the simi-autos, the 94's and SP-89's that H&K took off their simi line and ran through the MP5 line basically. As they are genuine H&K converted full auto's they did not begin their life as an MP5. (one of my local gun dealers used to be a saleman for H&K.. He could only sell the MP5 to Military Units in the US. He could sell the factory conversions to Police and dealers.

Several high end conversions like those of T. Dyer, John Flemming, Qualified, and Ralf Smith (RDTS) (several others also did conversions.. I just cant remember the names... I think Vector did them as well, but I dont remember for sure) were converted to use push pins and had the receiver itself registered as the gun where-as they also registered the sear and the sear/trigger pack housing as the machine gun as well...

This is how you get "Registered Receiver" (Where the receiver is registered), "Registered Sear" where the "H" style sear of the weapon is registered, and then the "Sear Pack or Registered Pack" (the houseing that holds the trigger group/FCG) is registered.

The 3 pin, swing downs are the most desirable as they are true EXACT copies of the factory MP5 (if you're a purist), then the next is the Sear Pack as they slip in and out of H&K style weapons with very little to no gun smithing required (addition of full auto bolt/carrier which most clones already have), and then the sear where a qualified H&K knowlegable smith is required to install it (to make sure the timing of the SEAR/hammer strike is properly tuned).

If you own a SEAR or a PACK, purcase a clone registered as a 'pistol'. Once you add the sear you can attach a stock and VFG and anything else you want to the weapon. So its now a 1 stamp gun. If you ever take out the sear or pack you have to remove the FVG and the stock...

Actually it is true. Your link shows not very good research.

I didnt mention the extent of what I know about this becuase I didn't feel the need, but being its pressing on this topic, my local gun dealer down the road from my house was a partner with my Father. He and Pop went around CONUS selling for H&K. There are only a few 'dealer samples' on the market that are 'factory' MP5's and even those began life as SA's. 99% of what you will find on the transferable market are infact conversions either registered as SEAR/SEAR PACK/REG. RECEIVER.

You cant argue with the horses mouth, bud. But this is a trivial argument and you can beleive what you want. I've given you the right information. You do with it as you will.

BTW. The MP5 is a 3 pin swingdown as well (I grew up with one). The trigger packs can switch between platforms. Dad used to switch them between the 53 he had made (I think John Flemming did it... but dont really remember), his G3 (factory), and his factory MP5K-PDW & SD dealer samples. The two pin your thinking of is called "Clipped and Pinned" lower.

For WIW anyway..

ummm.....
I only see two pins on that lower. One in the front (where the shelf would be on a clipped and pinned) and one in the back.

Where is the third pin?

OK, you and I are obviously speaking two different languages.

The MP5 link you posted to has a RECEIVER with three holes. The LOWER only utilizes two of those three holes. The LOWER is NOT a 3 pin lower, as it can only hold two pins at a time.

A factory G3 has a 3 pin LOWER. One in the front and two in the back. It uses 3 pins simlutaneously when attached to the receiver.

A clipped and pinned MP5 lower uses only 1 pin, but is made to look like it uses two. A clipped and pinned G3 lower uses the two pins in the back, but the one in front is false.

Back