Thinking about a Form 1

Dont fool with the oil filter adapters. They are nothing but trouble with the atf. If cost is the concern then start reading up on "solvent trap" kits. You can buy cool end caps, the main tube, thrrad adaptets and the "K" cups all premade. Do an efile form 1, have the tube engraved, drill the cups and end cup oit and you have a suppressor for about $300 plus a tax stamp. OR check out hunter town arms. No fuss, no muss, just decent suppressors for a low price. And to retort the post above, suppressors are awesome and addictive.

Adapter- $65

Napa 4003 Fuel Filter- $40

Kit for Engraving SN- $20

Tax stamp- $200

Total- $325

The only advantage the solvent trap kit could possibly have is longevity, if that. I don't suspect those baffles are made from inconel. I admit I could be wrong.

If I am going to buy a suppressor outright I'm going to save up and buy a Griffin Optimus. One and done.

Chainsaw. said:
check out hunter town arms. No fuss, no muss, just decent suppressors for a low price.
I have no personal experience with their silencers, but the general consensus seems to be that they're really, really loud. I once looked up "Huntertown" on SilencerTalk.com and this is the first post I found: "I've got a Huntertown 7.62 Kestrel and it was the biggest dissapointment ever. I'm thinking of re-purposing it as a lawnmower muffler, but even then it might be too loud. What a waste of money."

The Huntertown cans are apparently loud enough that there are companies that offer to re-core them to make them closer to what a normal can should sound like. Curtis Tactical is one company who offers to replace Huntertown baffles:

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135851

Wow I hadn't hear that. Ive only heard good things. Definitely something to consider.

On the "solvent trap" kits you have the choice of aluminum, stainless or titanium cups/baffels. Youll be a long while before you erode SS or titanium.

Silencers. Big, bulky, don't work very well,
Not all are too big, most work very well.

PITA regulations,
I agree.

too expensive and makes a well balanced compact handgun into a total chunk of junk.
Not the 22's.

Seriously, what's the point?
Less noise.

It's not like you can take your favorite 9mm handgun and throw tons of cheap rounds down range quietly by screwing on your $1000 silencer.
My 9mm can only cost me about $40 plus tax.

No, you have to spend big bucks on sub-sonic rounds
147 subsonic don't really cost much different than other 125 cartridges to reload.

which pretty much suck for any purpose other than playing with a silencer pretending it's "quiet".
The 147 subs in a 9mm are lethal, or do they just leave little marks on your skin?

IMHO, silencers are a big scam.
Wrong again.

I just don't get the infatuation with silencers.
They make guns less noisy, that's it.

End of rant.
Good.

Also, after re-reading this thread, I realize I gave some incorrect information. I was under the impression that only an FFL with a manufacturering SOT can change out silencer parts. But since then I've learned that actually any FFL can change out silencer parts.

Back