Things keep getting worse for the NRA.

over time wlp set things up to insulate him and his cronies from being ousted. that is why he is still there. any other organization would have made the changes needed to save the ship by now.... unless the system had been rigged like it has.

Burning Chrome said:
However, I do not like WLP, I do not like some of the things he does, and his compensation package is way out of whack. Why is this allowed to continue? What's going on with the board of directors and why can't he be removed? If enough members got involved, couldn't the board be forced to make some changes? Perhaps a petition?
A few years ago the board of directors pushed through a revision of the by-laws that pretty effectively made it impossible for the rank-and-file membership to have any say whatsoever in the way the organization is run. There is basically no way the membership can force the recall of board members, or force the board to take any action against LaPierre.

Unfortunately, they have created a situation in which the only recourse for the members is to stop the flow of money. That means regular members stop renewing, and life and endowment members stop donating money.

Not that it matters a lot, but I will never renew my membership while LaPierre is still in office. He is, or has, destroyed a once great organization.

So I guess I have to think about this again, huh? Good thing I saw this thread before I spent mucho $$$ for a lifetime membership, especially considering I'm 73. Might sound silly to consider it at my age but really good genetics in my family; all of my parents and grandparents (except for one) lived well into their 90's, in fact my father just passed last August, age 98. You'd think there must be something that can be done...perhaps the younger members can undo this as board members age and retire...it's sort of silly that a national organization like the NRA should have this type of problem...no wonder I've become more dissatisfied with the NRA over the last decade or so...it for sure doesn't feel like it did when I was younger...now I know why...

Burnin'
Best thing that can be said is to not renew your membership and don't donate any money until WLP is gone!

I'm like most, I won't renew until he's gone and some of the board members that have made things the way they are.

It's a shame that the NRA has become a joke. It should have never come to this but WLP and others have made it this way.

People have been trying to get new board members in but as usual the rank and file have been doing everything they can to block them. The best way to change things would be to vote in as many new people as possible. Although I doubt anything will change for now or the near future.

Best thing that can be said is to not renew your membership and don't donate any money until WLP is gone!

...I won't renew until he's gone and some of the board members that have made things the way they are...

...People have been trying to get new board members in but as usual the rank and file have been doing everything they can to block them. The best way to change things would be to vote in as many new people as possible...

Yes, that's all well and good, but you can't vote if you're not a member so there's no chance for you to try and help get things changed...okay, so don't donate...that makes sense...but if you want new board members you have to remain a member to be able to vote...guess I'll stay a member so I can vote, but no lifetime membership..just my humble opinion..

Yes, that's all well and good, but you can't vote if you're not a member so there's no chance for you to try and help get things changed...okay, so don't donate...that makes sense...but if you want new board members you have to remain a member to be able to vote...guess I'll stay a member so I can vote, but no lifetime membership..just my humble opinion..
wlp set things up so that your vote cannot change the BoD or challenge his position.

I crave to belong the the NRA again, but like others until WLP is gone, I'l keep my $30. Let Uncle Ted run the show. It's be like having Trump in charge only much more entertaining.

What was the outcome of the recent NRA election? There was one outsider on the ballot, can't remember his name atm but we've talked about him here; did he get elected?

ETA: His name is Frank Tait

Last edited:
Back