These guys make me cringe!

It's a wonder how most young guys play with toys like these without serious injury along the way...but most of us have probably tried some..uh..not so smart stuff along the way. Hopefully they will read, listen, and learn.

God looks out for fools !!!

Did I hear correctly when the moderator said "4F"? And then shooting the steel empty casings...
He did and I feel he mis-spoke as he still referred to the original container and that is clearly "3F". Now then, that steel case projectile really baffles me. Have to wonder where and how in the heck they came up with that one. Must be what is called, an Arizona-Round. Then there are a whole bunch of other small things that may not get you in trouble but the thinking will eventually get you hurt. .. ;)

How does one make a powder dipper out of a 9mm case and not have an idea of how much powder it holds. We measure by volume and not by weight or number of scoops. .... :)

Another point, I'm fairly confident that those caps were fine and they need to keep on looking for the problem.

but most of us have probably tried some..uh..not so smart stuff along the way.
Personally, I would have to agree and it's true about God looking out for fools.

Be Safe !!!

In the last few minutes of the video, the shooter claims to have hit the area of the berm he was aiming at.

I guess the rifle, shooting inverted steel 7.62 x 39 empty cases, is capable of minute-of-berm accuracy.

There's a new movie coming out called Dumb and Dumber II.

These guys beat them to the punch.

How does one make a powder dipper out of a 9mm case and not have an idea of how much powder it holds. We measure by volume and not by weight or number of scoops. ....

A 9mm pistol case measures about 13 grains of black powder.

dear lord... I'm glad I do not recognize the range.

get a black powder measure,
stop shooting steel cases as projectiles,
stop aiming at a 30 foot tall target 300 yards away,
stop blaming caps for your inability to properly seat them,
if you're gonna shoot round ball, use patches.

I am a complete novice, I am such a novice, I still have never fired my black powder rifle that I have owned for almost 2 years. but at least I still know those idiots are going to hurt somebody or at the very least ruin that gun.

Grains Vs. Scoops

A 9mm pistol case measures about 13 grains of black powder.
You and others may know that but the guy talking does not or at least he expressed as much at the beginning of the video.
;)

A decent powder calibrated measurer will run you no more than $10.00 and is a must when loading. ;)

Measure and;
Be Safe !!!

Well, at least give them credit for using black powder.

The real tragedy is that these buffoons will likely go through life thinking that being able to hit the berm is "good shooting", but from what I have seen at public shooting ranges, they have lots of company in that regard.

The late Gwyn Liddel used to tell me, "there's a special guardian angel that looks out after drunks, idiots, and muzzle loaders".

Looked like a CVA Kentucky rifle. Not surprised the caps didn't fire off well. Sometimes the hammers won't align well with the nipple in those kit guns without modification (bending).

3-Scoop chages !!!

Looked like a CVA Kentucky rifle.
You have a good eye as it is a CVA. I still can't get over the 3-scoop charges. .. :eek:

One idiot doesn't know what he is doing and the other is helping him ..... :(
In all fairness and more by chance than by design, they are doing "some" things right !!! .... :)

Be Safe !!!

Oh wow, man why didn't I think of it before!!! There are free projectiles everywhere at my range. YAY shooting the smoke pole just got even cheaper. Seriously I hope new people to the hobby don't actually follow these turds and actually shoot spent cases regularly.

Didn't you ever shoot an arrow out of a .45 cal? C'mon guys, live a little! ;)

BTW, the brass cases work a lot better and don't scrape up the barrel. Just fill the case with powder and throw it in backards like. :D:D

I'M NOT SERIOUS

Back