The Way Of Street (Street 101)

Wow, impressive!!

Darren Laur I loved that post, very long but EXTREMELY informative. Thank you so much for sharing that valuable information, I'm sure many here just like me will use this information and take it to heart! Definately worth passing on this knowledge to others! Just a question about being a ballistic ground fighter, what exactly is that? Does that mean keep trying to move out of the way until you can either get back on your feet or end up on top of your opponents in order to pound away? This post reminds me of when my friends and I sparred a lot in high school, since we couldn't exactly afford classes we would read books and practice what we could learn. However we quickly learned that when we sparred everything we learned kind of went out the window and 9 times out of 10 we either had to resort to sloppy punches and kicks that were effective yet looked funny, or it we had to resort to wrestling techniques and holds.

Epyon

I am also glad to see this thread resurrected.

However, I would have liked to see someone apply it's relevance to the US where CCW carrying is legal in most states because the original post applied to Canada where carrying a lethal defensive weapon is illegal.

I guess I would have liked to have seen some clear guidance (if possible) in all that to give us who have the means to defend ourselves a "decision point" during those behaviours where it would be appropriate (and legal) to draw and use our weapons.

I find that one of the most difficult things about having the right and ability to use lethal force is to determine what the "point of no return" is in defensive situations.
That's probably why so many people keep bringing up (sometimes silly) defensive scenarios because they are searching for such guidance.

The hardest part for me is if involved in a street conflict that is initiated by another, and if the (could be) attacker is in attack mode but does not produce a weapon, then I feel I still have to assume that he does have a weapon but I just haven't seen it yet.
I feel that it is reasonable to assume a would-be attacker is armed if he is acting aggressively and moving in but not yet showing a weapon... but where do you draw and shoot?

My concern is just as much from a defensive standpoint as it is from a legal standpoint because, first, I'd rather not kill anyone if I can help it (aren't I a sweety?!), but if it turned out that an attacker wasn't armed, I have to wonder of the difficulty of defending that in court.

So it would be great if a LE from the States could use the beginning post as a springboard but apply it to the potential use of lethal force... if that's even possible.

Carter

Drug addicts???

That's a really great article. But, it leaves one question unanswered in my mind...

Within the "amateur" and "professional" classifications, where do you classify the drug-addict mugger? It seems that the profile of the withdrawal-shaken drug addict looking for a victim to mug for fix-money would exhibit certain behaviors of both classifications. Are there any LE's or former LE's out there who can comment? Are these guys "amateurs" within the description provided above, or are they "professionals"?

Back