The wait is killing me!

Ledslnger I heard the Dems are doing stuff to mess with approval times....not sure if it’s budget related or Hillary took some out to lunch. Just a rumor, but times have slowed a lot I believe.
Oh good grief.

"How many NFA transfers do you do a year?"
That actual number is irrelevant, 100% is 100%.

"I suppose you also believe ATF gets to keep the $200 derived from the tax stamp?"
I believe there's a set of priorities and servicing the requests of law abiding citizens is NOT even close to the top of the list. EVERY citizen pursuing a legal process with our Federal government deserves better service than is provided by BATFE.

"You want to see an ATF request that has been denied by Congress?"
No, I want to see BATFE specifically address the issue of excessive foot dragging in the NFA Stamp approval process.

Mobuck
"How many NFA transfers do you do a year?"
That actual number is irrelevant, 100% is 100%.
No, it isn't.
The larger the sample size the more accurate that number is.
If you do only one NFA transfer a year, how could you possibly know what the average time is? If you do a thousand NFA transfers a year you'll have a much more accurate statistic.

Again, how many NFA transfers do you do in a year?

"I suppose you also believe ATF gets to keep the $200 derived from the tax stamp?"
I believe there's a set of priorities and servicing the requests of law abiding citizens is NOT even close to the top of the list. EVERY citizen pursuing a legal process with our Federal government deserves better service than is provided by BATFE.
Answer the question....do you believe ATF gets to keep the $200 derived from the tax stamp. It's important for you to know the answer.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but you don't get instant, no wait service at the post office, VA, IRS, etc either. I've received nothing but excellent, friendly and helpful service each time I've dealt with the NFA Branch. (and I deal with them every week) Is the wait annoying? Sure as heck, but it's due to the volume of applications which increased tremendously since 2015. Would I like to be able to buy a roll of NFA tax stamps and use FBI NICS for an on the spot background check?...….YUP! But the law doesn't allow for that. You should know that.

Blaming ATF NFA Branch for the long wait shows more than a small amount of ignorance of the process, ignorance of the restrictions placed on NFA Branch by Congress and ignorance of what the National Firearms Act of 1934 requires. ATF BY LAW cannot just run out and hire a dozen more employees to handle NFA transfers....even if they wanted to.

"You want to see an ATF request that has been denied by Congress?"
No,
But, but, but two posts back you wanted to know what "funding was specifically refused". I guess you already have the narrative that fits, and have no interest in reality.

I want to see BATFE specifically address the issue of excessive foot dragging in the NFA Stamp approval process.
Yank out a calculator and do the math. Divide the number of Form 1/3/4's by the number of NFA Examiners and you'll be surprised to know that they are pretty darn efficient.

Oh wait! You do know the longest delay in the process is waiting for the FBI to return the results of background checks? Because if you are blaming ATF & the NFA Branch you're just once again showing your ignorance of the process. Since July 13th, 2016 the FBI has been required to check the background of every person listed as a responsible person on a trust. Sometimes that involves as many as a dozen people or more. Prior to July 2016 only individuals applying for a stamp had to submit prints and undergo a background check......so do ya think that may cause the process to slow down? You should know that.

I spoke to the ATF on May 25, 2018 to check the status of my paperwork. The lady I spoke with said approval time is taking 8 months if they find no issues with the submission.

Last edited:
I put an order in on 10/15/17 and just got called yesterday to pick it up. Was filed as an individual though.

FYI American Rifleman had an article about new employees a bigger budget and a goal of getting approvals down to 90 days. I skimmed it, but that’s the gyst.

Oh good grief.
Sorry you have so much pride and trust in Hillary. I don’t trust the DNC or Soros candies at all.

Ledslnger Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtown tom View Post
Oh good grief.

Sorry you have so much pride and trust in Hillary. I don’t trust the DNC or Soros candies at all.
I have zero "pride and trust in Hillary".
I also have zero trust or tolerance for unfounded, nutjob or tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.

I find it hysterical that there is so much whining about ATF conspiracies UNDER TRUMP. Under Obama I can understand, but ATF was cranking out approvals in under 30 days during the most anti gun administration in history.

Yet you believe Hillary actually carries some weight.:D

Back