The UPS Store

Local UPS store here is unconcerned. Plus, I get a lot of goodies from MidwayUSA, Cabelas, etc by UPS!! Yea, I pay hazmat on powder and primers but it does come UPS. It's a store thing ... and a stupid clerk thing!

reasons?...the item was not shipped in an approved UPS box, yet the counter person never disclosed this information. also the counter person accepted the box and never made reference to using an approved UPS box.
This is their usual method of denying insurance claims. They "disclosed" it in the fine print of the paperwork you signed for the shipment.

It's a very rare occasion when I get a package via UPS that hasn't been noticeably abused. Given this I suppose it's probably the local facility's staff doing most of the abuse. Folks who've never had a problem with UPS must be fortunate enough to live near a facility that hasn't been overrun with bitter, careless, union-protected staff.

Here's a choice example from UnitedPackageSmashers.com
bad_packages_A05.jpg

In light of this it becomes clear that the FedEx "Golden Package" ad campaign was a direct dig at UPS.

Not just UPS...

I once had a guy in Texas ship to my FFL a Ruger Blackhawk revolver via USPS priorty mail... don't ask how in the world he did this...he did not have an FFL... when I went to pick it up my FFL said they had not opened the box because they wanted me to see how it arrived.... the entire barrel of the Revolver was sticking out the side of the box....

On top of all this...after doing the paper work and paying the transfer fee, when I got ready to leave, the guy at the store asked if I wanted the box and I said sure there was other stuff in it... he looked under the packing and there was two boxes of ammo... he turned a funny color and said get that box and stuff out of here!

+1 jermtheory ... UPS hauls all my ammo and related gun stuff to my house .. and even leaves a cookie for my beagle ... sounds like a loose screw in that particular store ...

Folks who've never had a problem with UPS must be fortunate enough to live near a facility that hasn't been overrun with bitter, careless, union-protected staff.

all of those work for the USPS arround here.:D

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky in that my local USPS here in Merrimack is staffed with and contracts with intelligent, professional, cordial folks who do an excellent job. I'll even pay US postage out of pocket in order to avoid using a UPS ARS label.

I once had a guy in Texas ship to my FFL a Ruger Blackhawk revolver via USPS priorty mail... don't ask how in the world he did this...he did not have an FFL...

Illegal as far as i know......doubt it would be covered by insurance.
i think you CAN use USPS w/o FFL if you are shipping back to factory for "repairs". but i could be wrong (again!);)
tom

WOW! I ship bicycles, firearms, and other items (all legally, by the way) via UPS and have never had a problem. I DO package properly!

Guess I'll go knock on wood.

Back