"The Ultimate Combat Wheelgun"?

BigGuns - if only you'd asked.....

A couple weeks back!!! My local dealer had a consigned one for about 2 months. Asking price was $699. It went out the door just a couple weeks back. I'll keep my eyes open for one.
........SmithNut

Thanks! I'd be tickeled pink to find a mint used one, or a new pre-agreement one. I travel Florida for work, and have yet to find one in my spare time. It's fun looking, though!

Troy

I love my 4" M-686, and I adore my M-640. But THE ULTIMATE FIGHTING SIXGUN (DA-division) is without a doubt:

Smith & Wesson Model 19 .357 Magnum Revolver with a 4 inch barrel!!!!!!

Elegant Packable perfection!!!!

Doc Hudson

You know i'd like to see Ruger make an 8 shot .357 wheelgun, that would be worth a look. Say a 4 inch GP100?

I've shot less revolvers than most here but the 625 .45 acp and the model 10 HB are my fave smiths. I'm not sure about the smith it was a stainless M&P in .357 with a heavy (but not full lug) barrel

As far as moon clips, i use them in my 1917 Colt to this day, just like a speed loader without the mess (but you do need a tool to pop the fired brass out) The smith and wesson version of the 1917 army is smaller and quite handy, so IF the army made its choice, it was the 375,000 of these revolvers purchased in WW1.. and hey after 85 years mine still shoots great. The Colt has a strange grip frame for most "modern' shooters but a grip filler is available, as are pachmeyer grips.

From my "handle" you already know my answer, it's one of the early version five inch jobs with the contoured barrel. Can't beat eight rounds of .357. Second choice would be the five inch 625-5 Classic. Only six rounds, but a 255 grain .45 caliber LSWC has to hurt! Third choice is a bit long in the tooth. My wife's carry gun, five screw Military and Police in 2 inch.

I agree with sw627pc. S&W N-frame, .357. 8 shots,no waiting. I'm partial to the new PC Model 27. Something about blued revolvers. Nostalgia,perhaps.

Is there room in an N-frame for 7 shots of 10mm? Is there room for 8 shots in an N-frame if you move the barrel boreline up a bit like it's done for the 8-shot .357s?

And...is there room in an L-frame for 7 shots of 10mm? Seven of 10mm might be the ultimate if in an L-frame. I just have to back away from the big frame as ideal.

The more I shoot the Model 28, the more I like the K-frame!

Here's my "Ultimate Combat Wheelgun".....the Performence Center 681 Quadra-Port!

681.jpg

A 7-shot L frame .357 with fixed sights (black dovetailed front), Magna-ported 3" barrel, bead blast finish, chamfered charge holes, modified to take full moon clips, trigger stop, two sets of grips (compact checkered wood and Hogue) and a nice hard lockable aluminum case.
The SA pull breaks like a glass rod, but the DA pull was rather heavy (a new rebound spring fixed that).

Now it's perfect! ;)

Back