"The Ultimate Combat Wheelgun"?

ReserveCop

I was talking to my friend today about the time when we were issued wheelguns as our duty weapons (in my case a S&W 686 with a 4 inch barrel).

He told me he remembers recently reading about, what he called, the "ultimate combat revolver."

He said is was an 8 (...yes 8...) shot .357 with a short barrel...he said it might be a special edition Ruger or perhaps a S&W or something else...he was not sure.

Has any TFL member heard of this "ultimate" wheelgun?

What is it and who makes it?

Thanks for your opinions.

It's an eight shot 627 Smith & Wesson from the Performance Center. They have come in 2 5/8, 4, 5, 6 and 6 1/2 inch barrel lengths and from monster weighted barrels to slim tapered barrels and everything in between. They utilize a moon clip which allows reloading at auto jammer speed. Awesome firearm, that is why I can't stop getting them.

Robert

Accept no imitations!

S&W627pc2.JPG

Ultimate 8 shot .357??

Would have to be one of the M627's that Robert is talking about. This picture shows the 2 5/8", the 5" and the 6" Hunter.
These all are 8 shot pieces, and can be utilized with or without the moon clips.
As amprecon stated, moonclips were originally designed to use auto cartridges in a revolver (ala .45 acp or .40 S&W), however the use of same is not unique to auto cartridges. They can be used with revolver cartridges as well, as demonstrated by several models of S&W on the market, as well as the Baughman (sp?)conversions of N frame .357's from the 80's.
The S&W PC products are really cool in that they have a ridge around the back of the cylinder that will support individual cartridges even if you load without the moon clip.
FWIW
View

Click on the link below to see a PC M681 AND cartridges in a moon clip:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/sport/m681qp.html

......SmithNut

Ultimate Combat Wheelgun

You say To-may-to, I say To-mah-to.
The M625 and M627 are both S&W's, what could be better.

.......SmithNut

S&W M27 with 4 inch barrel and full power 41 magnum loads.

Easy to put all the rounds in the chest in about 1 second.

:)

Why hasn't anybody mentioned the 610??

Moon clip ready - chambered for the 10mm powerhouse - and will shoot 40 S&W for plinking.

Mikey

Zorro - I'd like to see that.....

Zorro,
6 rounds of full power .41 mags in under a second, heh??
I'd like to see that, for sure. Not doubting you can do it, it's just that it would take quite a bit longer to pound those .41 mag loads into the little .357 holes in the Model 27.......
Just wondering
.......SmithNut

SmithNut, you're killing me! I've been looking for that 2 5/8" 627 for a WHILE now. $&$ is even trying to trick me with new runs! Know where any are hiding? Any needing a new home?

Back