The Ultimate Bear Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildalaska

OK its a plug, but I am still smiling!

It sort of started out as a joke, then of course after it was done, everybody who handled it had that stupid grin on their faces...

Its the ultimate Bear Defense Gun...the Wild West Guns Bushwacker..

Barrel length, 14 3/8 inches, stock cut off at the pistol grip, big loop lever, ghost ring sights, chambered in 457 magnum, Laser Light mount attached and a Insight Technologies M6 laser/illuminator attached.

Shot from the hip using the laser at about 15 feet, all the 457 Mag 405 Kodiaks were in a circle about 3 inches. Muzzle jump, because of the porting was non existent. If you hold it to close to your tummy, your spleen gets a kicking, but other wise its a gas to shoot.

We are going to try to shoot it one handed, its light enough to hold. Discretion being the better part of valor, probably will use 405 Remingtons!

And available from an NFA dealer in your state!

Guess what I'm gonna carry this summer!
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
personally, I'll keep with an 18" bbl and a full stock rifle, unless of course your gonna have a demonstration where we can test out these beasts to see if we are interested. I mean I'm not gonna drop money on a class 3 license without some insight on it.

It sounds like a good idea but I never had much luck with a shotgun with a pistol grip.

Come on by and check it out...maybe we can find some spare ammo :)

Here it is by the way
Bushwacker2.jpg

Com'on guys, this gun pretty much has to be shot from the hip if you don't want to break a wrist... so how else you gonna aim it?

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I've always heard that a bear could beat a race horse in the hundred yard dash. I think I'd want something that could be shot from a longer distance, with standard stock for stability.

Well if you shoot them further away (like 50 yards or so) youll have some explaining to do to F&G...

More likely you will need to shoot up close and personal anyway..

I think I'd want something that could be shot from a longer distance

Not if you're walking or fishing a densly wooded salmon stream or hiking these wooded trails.

And like WildAlaska stated, you have to be reeeel close to legaly shoot a bear in defense. Most times they false charge and stop just a few yards away while you wait with sweat dripping off you and your sphincter squeezed hard enough to crush diamonds, hoping and praying she turns around.

Truthfully.... I didn't think there was anything that needed improving on the Co-Pilot. Great brush gun, small enough to tote around comfortable, and accurate for the ranges it's likely to be employed in.

I think the Bushwacker is an interesting concept, but what can it do that a .475 or .500 Linebaugh revolver can't?

"I think the Bushwacker is an interesting concept, but what can it do that a .475 or .500 Linebaugh revolver can't?"

Well its more powerfful...but other than that...its sure impressive at the range.....:)

Wait a second. Federal law problems when you cut a rifle barrel below 16.5 inches. Little felonies, and little trips to prison. :eek:
Might be good for bear, but I sure don't think it's worth losing your virginity over.

Good point k-dog. Isn't that the reason Steve McQueen's "Mares Leg" from the old westerns was classified as a destructive device. Not sure if I'd want to pick up a tax stamp for a lever action.

I don't think I want to trust my life in the Alaskan bush to any gun that requires an exposed electronic gizmo and batteries to aim!

And how do you get your second shot off? With a lever rifle you just use your trigger hand to snap another round in the chamber without losing your sight picture. With this thing... By the time you got another round in and re-aimed, you'd wish you had a rifle instead!

Neat toy, but I hope nobody ever straps this thing on as a serious weapon.

Actually it comes with a regular stock..the pistol grip is just for looks and giggles.

Its a lot more shootable with the stock :)

Its actually surprisingly fast to get a second shot off with the pistol grip...but the regular stock is still way faster....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back