The Smallbore Defensive Shotgun

I agree that bigger is better....which is why you won't see me recommend birdshot for SD/HD....I like the larger buckshot pellets for that task.

At this point, I think we all can agree "Bigger is usually better" and "anything beats nothing at all"...

Really?.....does that mean we should all be carrying .50AE Desert Eagles & .500 S&W's for SD?.....or that a water gun will get us home every night?.....

I prefer "the right tool for the job".....and, sometimes, the .410 is the right tool.....

....besides, generality statements are never good....

Seeker, the point I tried to make is generally understood by those who use the shotgun section...

I was also trying to steer the thread back on track which I am doing again now.

And for HD, I cannot think of a time when I would grab a .410 over a 12 if able bodied enough to handle the larger...

But I do consider the .410 adequate in the hands of a person who knows the gun well and has the round capacity to overcome any less than stellar results with the first shots...

Brent

And I can get the job done with any gauge I have at hand,not because I'm some super soldier *Halo music plays in the background...joking* but because I know what to expect from a chosen shotgun and ammo load out through pattern testing,and practice.

I understand what I can do and what the weapon is capable of.

Back