The shooting "Triad"

Restated

Making classes mandatory won't accomplish a thing.
Some of you guys are either more paranoid than I or unable to read. Where in and of my post/replies have I stated that it was mandatory or not in step with the second amendment? This suggestion would not infringe in anyone's rights but intended to suppliment one's knowledge and as you know, there are many gun owners out there that are truly lacking. .... ;)

Prior to Iowa going Shall-Issue there was a term that read, Demonstrated Responsibility. As person attending a class like this would certainly have qualify. .... :)

I'm not for mandatory training or any such restrictions but knowledge never hurt anyone. .... ;)

Be Safe !!!

Most of the ranges that I shoot at have mandatory training before you shoot there. All of the pistol classes have mandatory training, and if you don't follow it you don't shoot. Hunting licenses have mandatory training everyone is watching you, if you screw up you will be notified. I don't think we need much more.

the mandatory training doesnt always do a thing thats useful.

to own a car you need a drivers liscense. to get the drivers liscence you need to pass a driving test and a multiple choice test.

part of the test is staying in your lane and NOT using your hi beams at night when your within 500 yards of oncoming traffic. yet not one single dimwit can follow either law...

drivers ed told us not to toke up, hit the crack pipe, or have a beer before driving somewhere. yet everyone who gets caught drunk driving always says "no one told me not to"

I have to say that there are alot of things that you can encourage people to do, without the requirement to do and it actually does help. I've spoken about this with several friends after seeing unwise behavior at the range.

For example, I would love to see local shops give information about inexpensive or even free training opportunities with each purchase.

I also think that the idea that any requirements are an infringement is a little extreme. All rights carry some responsibility. Heck, I was shocked at in Georgia, that I needed to demonstrate zero knowledge or ability (or sense) before getting my carry license.

In search of perfection !!!

In Iowa, the "minimum" requirement, is to show your military DD-214 and background check. You don't even have to own a gun, let alone know how to use one. .... :rolleyes:

However, I would not change a thing. .... :)

Be Safe !!!

Back