The rule says stay on scene,but....

A most excellent thread ... thanks for all the thoughts and legal info. A lot to think about should something occur.

I've learned that there is often no telling in advance what many of "those places" are. You could be driving to a 4th of July fireworks celebration in an area that you never thought was a bad area and suddenly find yourself in an all out riot.

exactly..

its pretty easy to avoid a den of vipers when you know where the den is. The problem is that the snakes are not always there.

Stay as long as you can, photograph what you can. Be sure any hostile people from the crowd knows you are armed and are not afraid to defend yourself.

The only scenario I can think of is if you are caught in something like a riot or something along those lines. When there are crowds of thousands that don't look like you, and hate people that do happen to look like you. You will most certainly have to flee in that case.

Stay as long as you can, photograph what you can. Be sure any hostile people from the crowd knows you are armed and are not afraid to defend yourself.

oh lawd!

The only scenario I can think of is if you are caught in something like a riot or something along those lines. When there are crowds of thousands that don't look like you, and hate people that do happen to look like you. You will most certainly have to flee in that case

you live in a very unique bubble.

I'm not 100% sure of all the legal implications, but if I'm in that situation, I'm gonna run like hell. I'll call the police later once I'm out of danger.

Back