The old debate Colt style -vs- Remington style?

I'm with Gary - ROA.

1851 and 1860 Colts are a close, very close, second.

And I really like shooting the Remington...

But the ROA just does it all for me.

That said, the Colts and Remingtons will never have to worry about being left behind when I go to the range. They will get their exercise.

As to the other items: Mary Ann. Chevrolet (Corvette only). Lagavulin.

I like both, colt holds better and points more naturally. I like the design and look of the Remmy. Honestly, I shoot the Remmy and ROA the most.

Ginger, Ford, Coors and ROA

I usually shoot 6-18 rounds at our private pistol range, then clean my gun. I like cleaning Colts better than my Remington.

I have a couple of each and far as Colts go I have 5!
I like the power possibilitys of the Remmie but like the way the Colt lays low in the hand! Felt recoil is way less with the Colt design.
I like the .36 in the Colt and only like the .44 in Remingtons. They feel "right" in those calibers for me.
A 5 1/2" bbl on a .36 Colt balances best for me.
I wish I could find more information about Hickocks shooting habits! His Powder charges for instance? Were his sights modified, and to what range? Is there a site where you could learn more about him? He's my HERO!

I personally like the way the Colt's feel, but after much time and purchasing both a long and sheriff barreled Remmy, i will admit that the Remmys seem to be more accurate. I still carry a Colt model though, lol, albeit with some modifications done to it.
As far as personal experience, for Cap and Ball, I've had more luck with Pietta than with Uberti, but for cartridge, I cannot complain about my Uberti's.

Back