The new .22 rifle selection is dismal,,,

Sadly, the chap that made the custom stock for the 10/22 passed away recently. He was a great asset to the firearms community, and his loss is tragic. I don’t know if any of you have purchased his goods before, but it was a Mr. Matt Schuster out of California. Ironic how some of (arguably most of) the best firearm add-ons or upgrades come out of Khalif-Arabia…

Just a chassis system of sorts. You have to purchase your own aftermarket bull barrel. WhistlePig Barrels was the one he suggested and I purchased. Reasonable, for sure. Had to do just the tiniest bit of fitting, as the barrel shank was a tad fat. No big deal. Have done it before, and can do it again if need be. He provided detailed instructions on how to put it together, too. Super simple. Set of SAE hex wrenches, your receiver, new barrel added, and some time. I also had to send my trigger unit out to him for him to fit the linkages to make it a true bull pup. Stellar work.

Thing weighs a proverbial ton. Recoil absorbed as if you can just keep yanking that trigger, and it does go bang, but doesn’t even move the crosshairs off of the target.

Fashioned after the venerable Walther WA2000, as you can all plainly see. Much easier on the wallet than a real one.

darkgael - please tell us more about the Anschutz
Well….ok. It is not really a hunting rifle, though it could easily be used for that purpose. It is designed to be carried on one’s back over snow covered trails and to function reliably in bad, cold, weather.
It comes with five magazines. It has an accessory rail which allows attachment of a sling and a quick off-on harness.
It does not come with a rear sight. Ya gotta buy that. $$$$ (although no one says that you have to buy an Anschutz rear.) It slides on to a dovetail. I had a scope mounted on mine for a while, for hunting. High rings were a must as the Front sight is integral.
The straight pull bolt is very smooth and reliable. It functions with, literally, a flick of the wrist. It is a very robust firearm.
The downside is cost. Current prices are more than double what I paid back in 2022. (Current = $4500 - $5600 + the rear sight)

Hello chadio,,,

aarondhgraham surely you've had a chance to fire that lovely CZ, tell us about it!!!

I'm almost too embarrassed to admit it.

Between the rainy weather,,,
The onset of a week long malady,,,
And emergency home repairs that couldn't be delayed,,,

I haven't fired the rifle as yet. :o

It's all ready to go,,,
Scope mounted and leveled,,,
Stock adjusted to (I hope) optmal configuration,,,
Targets and Ammo all ready in the trusty old range bag.

I'm hoping for this Sunday.

Aarond

Back