The Lady in your Life

My wife never had any interest in guns, shooting or carrying for self defense. I bought her a revolver 30 years ago which still sets in the safe. I gave up inviting her to go shooting years ago. We share very few interests.

I have let plenty of beginners shoot my Browning Buckmark as well. I start all beginners on an airsoft (unloaded) to teach them safety and proper gun handling. On the range, I start with .22 LR and I stand right behind them to supervise for the first few mags (at a minimum) to ensure they are following safe gun handling. I don't get why some of these idiots get a kick out of scaring their girlfriends with crazy recoil. It is an accident waiting to happen, and a potentially deadly one at that.

Great job Doc Holliday! Even better job pulling the boyfriend to the side so it doesn't look like you are hitting on his girl (some idiots really think that way). It also doesn't show him up and challenge his manliness.

I gave up inviting her to go shooting years ago. We share very few interests.

I'm in the same boat. Its frustrating at times for both of us I believe. None the less we are committed to one another and sometimes, our "opposites attract" theme works out for us. And despite not being interested in shooting, she can handle a 357 better than a lot of guys.

My ex-gf was really tiny, like 4'10", and surprisingly, her favorite guns of mine to shoot was my Dan Wesson 715 with the 4" barrel on it. She liked the 158gr. .357 stuff the best. She said she liked the sonic boom hitting her face more than the .38spl stuff I started her with. She also liked my .45 EAA Witness, but she said the grip area was just too big for her. She did shoot it pretty well for a gun that was too big. She was the only one of my girlfriends over the years that actually liked to shoot.

hemiram said:
My ex-gf was really tiny, like 4'10", and surprisingly, her favorite guns of mine to shoot was my Dan Wesson 715 with the 4" barrel on it. She liked the 158gr. .357 stuff the best. She said she liked the sonic boom hitting her face more than the .38spl stuff I started her with. She also liked my .45 EAA Witness, but she said the grip area was just too big for her. She did shoot it pretty well for a gun that was too big. She was the only one of my girlfriends over the years that actually liked to shoot.

Dude!!! How did you let that one get away? She sounds like a keeper to me!

I thought my wife would like the GP100 with 38's, but she put that down after a few shots. Then she started running the SP01 and that was that.

Back