The Huckabee "money bomb"

GoSlash27

The Huckabee folks (all twelve of 'em) decided to have a 'Paul' style money bomb today.
Only problem is the Paul folks got wind of it and are now out-raising 'em :D

rp_vs_huck_today.png

Fun horse-race to follow.

You'd think with all the money Ron Paul has raised that he'd be doing far better than he is. He has more money now than all other Republican candidates save Romney and Giuliani, and yet he doesn't even register in the polls. :confused:

How's Ron Paul doing in Iowa vs. Huckabee?

Yep. I guess all thirteen(you missed me) are working 24/7 sending overtime money to Huckabee...

So, what's your point? ESPECIALLY when Luke asserted a valid statement and an even MORE valid question...

Luke - he's at 8%, last I heard, in New Hampshire, which is 2% higher than Buchanan was polling before he won the NH Primary.

I recall seeing a poll where only 14% of respondents had "definitely decided" on who they were going to vote for, while 56% were unsure. Winning a majority of 14% isn't a shoo-in to a statewide victory.

Luke - he's at 8%, last I heard, in New Hampshire, which is 2% higher than Buchanan was polling before he won the NH Primary

Do you mean Ron Paul is at 8% in NH?

Last time I checked Rasmussen, Ron Paul was tied with Huckabee at around 8% in NH.

In Iowa on the other hand, Huckabee is in a solid second place, and gaining on Romney, while Ron Paul doesn't even register.

Paul isn't doing nearly as well as he should given his financial resources.

I think he's holding off on spending the money now in preference to a third party run with the Libertarians again.

I think he's holding off on spending the money now in preference to a third party run with the Libertarians again.

No I dont think so. He has said too many times he won't do that. I think, if anything, he may use the money to run for US Senate from Texas.

LOL. Ron Paul will not unseat either of our Senators in Texas. Most Texans think Ron Paul is a loon as well. Both of our Senators are entrenched and have nothing to fear from Ron Paul.

LOL. Ron Paul will not unseat either of our Senators in Texas. Most Texans think Ron Paul is a loon as well. Both of our Senators are entrenched and have nothing to fear from Ron Paul.

We'll see. Somebody in Texas has been voting for him for a long, long time. How many terms has he been in the US House?

That is only his small little district that has been voting him in. A statewide election is a completely different horse and like I said both of our current senators are well liked and doing a fine job. I don't see Ron Paul unseating either of them much like I don't see him winning the Republican nomination.

Huckabee has less money than Paul, yet continues to poll better than Paul. Paul, tancredo, and Hunter need to vacate the nomination so we can focus our attention on the candidates who actually have a chance to win.

Ten terms, total, as I recall. Twenty years.

I'm not trying to be obtuse, but nobody can ever tell me what he accomplished in that 20 years. From my research it appears to be very little. Would you please outline for me his benchmark achievements? The things he is "known" for other than his obvious views on the constitution?

Edit: Feel free to pm me so we don't take the thread too far out in the weeds.

It was Romney who counted pledges instead of receipts. The $4.2 million November 5 was from credit cards and checks, not pledges.

I am not finding anything online to verify the chart shown in the first post for Ron Paul.

I can find Mike Huckabee's site, showing his figures, not Ron Paul's. Also, it appears as if one has to actually use a credit card to contribute to Huckabee. Are Ron Paul's figures just based on pledges?

Anyone have a link to the Ron Paul "Money Bomb" stats?

I am beginning to suspect that the figures shown above for Ron Paul are completely bogus.

Paul's numbers in the chart come directly from the official website.
Huckabee's numbers come from his donation page.
As you can see, both streaming updates count only verified credit card and paypal donations.

And to answer the question posed up-stream, Huckabee is "polling" well and will continue to "poll" well. If you think this has anything to do with the primaries (especially caucuses), you're sadly mistaken.
Polls reflect only name recognition. Primaries are won by supporters.
The worst thing in the world to be in Iowa is a candidate who "polls well" with no organization, no cash, and no lawn signs out there. The media bases their expectations on those polls and the big story goes to the candidate who out-performs the expectations. The candidate who fails to meet expectations, otoh, is dead.

The original chart was live-streaming and has rolled over to a new day.
Here's the last capture I could find from yesterday
hehecz3.png

The guy who saved it was wondering how donations can go down, hence the circle.

Last edited:
GoSlash27
Paul's numbers in the chart come directly from the official website.

Huckabee's numbers come from his donation page.
As you can see, both streaming updates count only verified credit card and paypal donations.

eh? :confused:

I am not seeing hard figures for either candidate on the links you provided. What am I missing here?

Last edited:
In both graphs, Huckabee is red and Paul is green. Yet the line attributed to Paul in the first graph is not the same one attributed to him in the second. Which one is correct? Are these graphs a complete sham? Who was in the lead at 10am, Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee?

1st Graph
4:00am - Ron Paul $21,000
Mike Huckabee $5,000
10:00am - Ron Paul $42,000
Mike Huckabee $21,000

2nd Graph
4:00am - Ron Paul $2,000
Mike Huckabee $8,000
10:00am - Ron Paul $4,200
Mike Huckabee $35,000

Back