The HK45C A Jack Who Works Many Trades

P2000 forward have pic rails. The 45c has a pic rail, it just happens to be useless for most anything this side of scraping dry skin.

Thanks though. Appreciate the thought.

Isn't the P2000 actually a "universal" rail and not a true pic rail? It's the same width as a Glock rail. The P30 I think has a true pic rail.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah probably the case. I just mean it’s not an HK propriety rail. I actually prefer it to a full Pic rail as it fits what I want but is super low profile.

Yeah it's just an odd bit of trivia how HK rails have evolved over time. Even Glock on the Gen 5 went to a true pic rail as opposed to their universal rail. Luckily most lights come with options for either.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I don't care about whether a particular gun has a rail or not. What I do care about is if it is comfortable in my hand and if I can shoot it accurately. For me, the HK 45 does both. I don't have the "C" version, just the standard USP, but I love shooting it. I too, don't think the recoil is any less with it than with any other full size .45. Nevertheless, it seems that I can get back on target faster with it than I can with my other .45's. If you like HK's but are more into 9mm, check out the HK P30, oh my, what a sweet shooting pistol. Way more accurate in my hands than my Glock 19 or 17.

If you like HK's but are more into 9mm, check out the HK P30, oh my, what a sweet shooting pistol. Way more accurate in my hands than my Glock 19 or 17.

Oh I did and I agree. :)
https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585321&highlight=p30

Nothing much has changed over the years. I love my P30. Still give the nod to the P2000 for me personally but I love my P30. One of my favorite handguns ever. Had it out the same freezing day I had that HK45C out.

Although I have no intention of doing so, if I ever had to thin down my herd, my 9mm P30 and P2000 (v3 trigger variants) and my HK45 (v1) would all stay put.

I think the P2000 is the best out of the box gun I own, I have not & would not change a thing on it. It is also one of the most versatile guns I own, it works great for every intended use I have for it.

Nice review and it echoes my experience with my P30S. I got lucky and picked up mine for $500 from a friend of mine that needed some quick dough.

LOVE my USPc 45. It is the essentially the same pistol with the HK rail and a little thinner in width. The HK 45C is a more refined updated variant and while a few were made in Germany the majority are made here in the USA IAW MIL contracts. I think part of the deal with SOCOM adopting the HK USP was that a certain number of HK pistols had to made in the USA and the HK USP 45C is part of that whole deal.

My USPc 45 was my EDC for a long long time.

It was extremely accurate and very easy to manipulate for manual of arms. Just a great combat pistol. I imagine with the O-ring'd barrel the HK 45c is even more accurate.

Back