The Good 'ole Boys

I owned an SKS, and I didnt like it at all, compared to my K98s and Mosins, I didnt like the semi-auto, bolt action is for me.

Mosins are definitely the way to go on a budget. They can be had for $100-120 on average, but if you really look around, you can get some awesome deals. I've a friend who got a 91/30 for $45, but that was a couple of years ago, and I got my M44 for only $79, and that was a couple of weeks ago. Ammo is cheap and easy to find.

Amazingly a place that has good deals and is freaking everywhere that usually always has mosins and m95s is Big 5.... Weird i know but i've pick up several Mosins there for under $100 and i bought an Austrian Steyer M95 for $65 call around to your local Big 5's and ask what antique rifles they have, the first rifle i bought was at Big 5 and it was a 1935 Mosin with a hex receiver, the stock was mismatched wood, but it was a great shooter. and as stated earlier the ammo is cheap and readily available at almost any gun store, just clean them intensively after you shoot because the surplus ammo is really corrosive.

I used to see Mosins of various kinds at the Big 5 all the time, but lately they never seem to have them. M95's are always there though.

Back