• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

The Glock Talk Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
crucible

All you have to do is register from a handheld device. I had the same IP issues and I solved the problem by registering using my Blackberry.

.45 Acp

get a Glock 30... it's compact, comes with 2 clips and a clip loader. It's a real accurate gun , light recoil ...and the .45 slug is very effective. It does not like lead bullet so I feed it 230 FMJ. Next, I'll get a S & W 325 Scandium in same caliber, 4" barrel . Weight only 24 1/2 ounces. Good luck

It's a shame that the owner of GT doesn't care much for Glocks. I doubt that he even owns one. GT is simply a commercial enterprise for him, which, of course, is fine. :cool:

I like the Glock 30SF. That slightly remodeled frame is great. Don't care too much for the Glock 30, Glock 21 or the Glock 21SF, but I like the 30SF.

As far as I know, we don't do forum bashing here, so some of you will need to knock that off instantly.

Chinpoko, it sounds like you may have been the victim of an IP ban. If a bothersome troll re-registered with several names from your IP range, and there weren't any other members with that IP, they may have banned the entire IP range so they didn't have to mess with him anymore. Unfortunately, that means that new people who sign up with that IP get banned, too.

I'd just send an email to the administrator and explain what happened. He can look up your account and it should show why you were banned.

Glock Talk has always had issues like that because they ban so many people and I have no idea how they keep track of everything. I've seen many instances of people getting accidentally banned. The moderator accidentally banned himself at one point!

You may find some useful info on Glock Talk but be warned it isn't moderated as well as The Firing Line and the behavior there can sometimes get pretty childish.

I've been always able to find pretty much everything here about guns so no need to wander too far off in other forums.

They have been updating software on glocktalk.com and I suspect this might explain your dilemma. See if you can get a msg to the moderator and ask him to respond to you via your email. I don't remember for sure, but is GT a forum that requires an email address that is directly linked to an ISP rather than the hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc. accounts? If so, that may be the explanation also. I hope that you get it worked out. I enjoy GT and visit it daily.

Chinpokojed,
I have a G17 & G19, and while i can conceal them both, the G19 is by far my favorite, it's a 2nd generation without the finger grooves. I also tried the G26 subcompact but found i couldn't pocket carry with it and liked it less than the G19 for a CCW as the 19 was easier for me to draw. I carry the Federal HST 147gr. and love it. Modern day 147 gr has come a long way and is quite a viable round.

All discussion of actual Glock pistols is welcome in the semiauto handgun forum.

When and if we learn anything about the GT banning problem, it will be posted here.

Closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back