The Dangers of Lack of PID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I truly don't understand how this happened. We have current and former LE officers here, maybe you can answer these questions.

How do you open fire on someone without being able to see them well enough to tell the difference between a Hispanic Female and a Black Male?
How do you manage to hit Three vehicles and two buildings, how many feet(yards?) worth of spread at what distance is that?
How do you open fire when your backstop is a house?
How do you not understand, as a night shift LEO, that papers are routinely delivered at 5am by people in cars.
I'm trying really hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I know darn well what would happen if I had done this in California, whether I was in fear for my life or not.
How about it guys? Any idea's?

Geez, it was 5 am and a dark nite. Go out in the night like that and try to identify colors of vehicles.

And make sure someone will harm you if you are wrong so you are in fear of your life as these guys are.

No matter, says he is holed up in a cabin.

and why this now? he was fired in 2008 or so.

Said he told on another officer kicked somebody.

Cops in LA are bad dudes, they will put a whupping on ya from what I had heard when I worked out there and rented a harley to use as transpo..

markj I didn't mention the color or type of vehicle.
Stopping the pickup, guns drawn even, maybe, it's dark, I guess I can see it.
What happened was different than that.

Yes, I'd like to hear a response from some LEOs out there to scrubcedar's questions too -- and not just ramble on about it was dark making it ok. Because even if it was dark, how can you just go ahead and start shooting people? Can any guy with a CCW shoot people because it is dark and they are scared?

And California is worried about it's citizens carrying and owning guns? The police officers are not only unable to properly identify targets, but are god awful shots to boot.

You guys are cute. Since a trained, qualified force has such poor results, do you really not understand Senator Feintein's fear of mere untrained, unorganized citizens blasting away ? After all California is the top of the ladder among states. If it is this bad in California, the rest of you ought not even be allowed BB guns.

Don't the stats for DGUs tend to show that civilians have a higher positive ID and hit rate?

(I'll grant that a lot of LEOs face tougher shoot/no-shoot situations and probably longer ranges than the average civilian DGU, although I wouldn't call these cases part of that...)

You guys are cute. Since a trained, qualified force has such poor results, do you really not understand Senator Feintein's fear of mere untrained, unorganized citizens blasting away ?

We may be cute to you, but with a statement like that, your a damn comedian! I'll bet that I have had more trigger time than the majority of the LEO's in California. Not only that but I know my colors... Trained and qualified, HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back