The Civil War wasn’t about slavery

IVAN,

I don't know anything about the guy other than what information is readily available about him. He was, from what I've read, a gifted masonic scholar and occultist, supposedly a brilliant polyglot (including many ancient languages), some sort of Confederate officer, and a man in contact with many of the masonic revolutionaries of his day. His book Morals and Dogma is supposed to be an important book in Masonry, but I've never read it.

I mentioned the book "Fire in the Minds of Men" by James Billington to the other guy because this man is well known (librarian of Congress) and has serious establishment and scholarly credentials, and is not someone who would normally be called a nut. He mentions the influence of Masonry and the Illuminati (Order of Illuminism as he calls it) fairly often in his book.

Masonry is more firmly entrenched in England than in the US I think. Although in fairly recent times, due to a few books, murders, and public outrage over corruption, it has become somewhat more of an issue over there (I don't know if it still is or not). When I was in London a few years ago I found several articles including one on the front page of a major daily newspaper covering debate going on as to whether laws should be passed forcing Masons to declare themselves before running for political office. - Oh well, I better break this off before it becomes a book, hope it helped! :)

[This message has been edited by Hoplite (edited June 28, 1999).]

Hoplite, i think that little law over in
England passed. i believe, if i remember correctly, that if you hold a political office, you have to state if your a mason. i don't know if this applies to any other fraternities of not. that's freedom for ya', now lets see...you're a member of the pta??oh no we can't have that. oh you say you're in the lions club, well..., to bad, we xcan't use ya'.. silly, silly, silly!!!!!
Pike was a Confederate officer, can't remember rank for sure. Yes, he, like many at the time were caught up in the excitement of the occult. he even wrote some about it. i read stuff about religions other than what i believe, does that make me bad? i think not.
all it means is that i'm trying to soak up information. knowledge is power!! somebody said that sometime... i like it!!!! :D

------------------
what me worry?

From: Ivan8883 6-28-99 520PM EDT Hoplite, the subject of Albert Pike has been coming up quite often on shortwave programs of late. His(Pike) supposed statement concerning 3 world wars needed for world domination is what has caused quite a stir among people concerned about NWO. But I personally have not seen such a statement. I know many of the Founders were Masons,but were members of the American branch,not European branch. From what I can tell, George Washington felt the European branch(Illuminati) was a threat to America. This is off the subject, I guess

I have seen that statement about the three planned world wars in several books. They both state that the info comes from an 1871 letter Pike wrote to Mazzini that is supposedly on display at the British Museum Library in London. Get John Daniels book "Scarlet an the Beast:The History of War between English and French Freemasonry" He covers the stuff you mentioned. He seems to have some Pre-Trib Rapture and Zionist beliefs that sort of warp his conclusions, but it is a great read anyway. :)

From: Ivan 6-28-99 1045 PM EDT Hoplite, thanks for info on John Daniels book. Yes, Pikes letter to Mazzini has been mentioned several times on shortwave radio prgrams. Just my opinion, but the first two world wars sure looked like well planned scams. It would take weeks to discuss them. Only one to go!

Back