The case against McCain

Maybe we'll start something there before November. Give McCain a better chance in the election.

The war is McCain's Achilles heel. I believe that if we started any invasion or escalation towards war with any country will hurt is chances even more than they are now. If the situation in Iraq, or Afghanistan get worse you can expect there to be a major swing to the Democrat candidate. People are tired of the war and want out of it.

What that tells me is that he doesn't follow the party line but rather follows his conscience, a favorable trait to me.

That's only a positive if he IS following the Constitution. Unfortunately, he doesn't.

Actually he does. You don't.

No wait. He doens't. Neither do you. I do.

No wait. They don't. No, they do. I don't. Well maybe she does.

No wait....

WildtheargumentgetstireddoesntitAlaska ™

I can see no issue more important than terror. If we pull out of Iraq, let the world's terrorists be (or just "talk" with them), half of us will eventually be dead anyway, so all the other issues become non-issues. Once I'm dead from a terrorist attack, I don't really mind that my taxes have gone up also. McCain is the only one that will fight global terror. Hillary and Obama have no interest in doing so. For me, that's enough reason alone to vote McCain, even though I don't like plenty of other things about him. The only other thing to do is vote for the best Senate and Congress members that we can, and get 2/3rds as often as possible.

If we pull out of Iraq, let the world's terrorists be (or just "talk" with them), half of us will eventually be dead anyway, so all the other issues become non-issues.

This is where many of us seem to have fundamental differences. I am a Republican, and will not vote for Hillary or Obama, but I have never understood the linkage between global terrorism and Iraq. First, most of the attacks within Iraq are by groups that have little global capability. They only have local capability and we have provided them with local targets...our troops. Iraq was not a factor in the 9/11 attacks. These guys were mostly from Saudi Arabia. In fact, Saddam Hussein was keeping most all other groups suppressed.

Having said that, I do agree with a strong stand against global terrorist. I agree we should have gone full force after that SOB Bin Laden. We should have a strong president that will not tolerate terrorist attacks on this country. But this includes having a President that makes strong but smart decisions....not strong but dumb decisions. I only hope McCain is that strong smart person.

First, most of the attacks within Iraq are by groups that have little global capability

All Terrs have Global Capability, especially when they are decentralized. Im old enough to remember the JRA....

WildwatchoutAlaska ™

Back