The capacity of all of your magazines?

TXAZ

I was told I "have too many magazines that hold too many bullets" (yea, that might be felony heresy in Idaho). So I figured I'd ask the question:

How many bullets does it take to fill up all of your magazines?
(example: you have one 10 round magazine and three 12 round magazines, so your total is 46 rounds.)

How many bullets does it take to fill up all of your magazines?
Did you mean, how many cartridges or rounds does it take?
For my M1 Carbine, I have several 15 round magazines, on 30 round. For my .38 Super Colt Combat Commander about 4 nine rounders. For my Browning High Power, several 13 rounders and a couple of 15 rounders. For my .45 Colt Combat Commander, about a dozen or so, all seven rounders (the ones that were not seven rounds (a couple of eight rounders), I converted to seven rounds). I am not going to count them or do the math.

I stopped counting when I hit 414 for just the semi-auto handguns in safe #1.

So, yea... Sharkbite's answer was correct. I can't count high enough.

I’m not reall sure how many magazines I have.

I also have no count on my bullets... but I’ve been buying them for years and years.

I can count that high, actually multiply and add but same idea.
I'm not going to when the magazines number 100+.

This reminds me of the guy who walked into a local gun store and asked if they carried 357 Sig ammo. The clerk walked over to where it was stacked and asked the guy how much he wanted. The answer. "I have one 10 round magazine and one 13 round magazine, so I need 23 rounds." I'm surprised he didn't just hand the magazines to the clerk and ask him to " fill 'em up."

I have a dozen pistols with multiple magazines for each holding anywhere between 6-33 rounds each. There are 3 AR's in the house with probably 2 dozen magazines holding 10, 20 or 30 rounds each. Plus two 308 bolt rifles with several 3, 5, and 10 round magazines. And I have several 25 round magazines for Ruger 10/22's as well.

If I were to top off all of them it'd be 1000-1500 rounds, maybe closer to 2000.

I couldnt even tell you how many magazines I own, let alone what they might all hold.
In the 80/90's I was buying AK mags by the crate when they were priced a couple bucks each.
Same for M1 Carbine mags, bought them in multiple case quantity where each one might have 10-20 wax-packs of 10 mags each, or foil-packs of 6.

Of course the days of two-dollar surplus mags are long gone, I hadn't ever really priced them until a few years ago. I was pretty shocked to see AK Bakelite's selling for $50-100 (or more) and Carbine hardbacks going for $100 each. I bought them in quantity back then primarily because I knew they wouldn't be available forever, folks said I was nuts for paying $2 for a cheap 'plastic' magazine for a 'commie gun'........LoLoLoLoLoLoL

Good question, actually. I'll have to count my magazines to know for sure.

Should we include stripper clips for the SKS?

--Wag--

Yea, stripper clips could be a problem.
I've got 7x57 (three versions), 8x57, and 7.62x54R in quantity; plus 7.62x25mm, 7.62x39mm, 5.56x45mm, and a few others, in small numbers.

Hmmmm....I just SUSPECT (no real data) that if National Public Radio got a look at 90% of the gun collections of members here they'd have a major case of the vapors.

Think of it, just four boxes of bulk .22LR bulk (read cheap) ammo would allow them to breathlessly report you had been found to have "thousands" of rounds of ammunition in your home.

I still don't think ANY of the NPR folk comprehend "reloading ammunition" (and I'm not about to enlighten them).

I was told I "have too many magazines that hold too many bullets"

Unless the context of the conversation was about how many you can physically carry at one time (in which case one can have too many to carry), then whoever told you that you "have too many magazines that hold too many bullets" is an idiot, and you should not pay attention to them.

You cannot have "too many" magazines, or too much ammo, unless you have to move them all in a hurry, by yourself, alone...;)

If you have to reinforce the floor of your storage room to take the weight, you still don't have "too many" you just have too many in one spot! :rolleyes:

ask any pilot, can you have too much fuel? They'll tell you "no, unless your airplane is on fire!" :D

I have to admit that I read this question yesterday and it has made me chuckle at the idea of sitting down, getting them all out and doing the math.

Just for laughs, I would even take on this task... if, say, I were injured and off work for a stretch of time. But alas, in the real world, I'll just have to smile, give a nod to the interesting and entertaining topic and add, like the others, that I can't obtain that number without some work.

Neat subject idea. ;)

I was told I "have too many magazines ...

Unless the context of the conversation was about how many you can physically carry at one time (in which case one can have too many to carry), then whoever told you that you "have too many magazines that hold too many bullets" is an idiot, and you should not pay attention to them.

You cannot have "too many" magazines, or too much ammo, unless you have to move them all in a hurry, by yourself, alone...;)
(my emphasis, and you left out relative I need to maintain a relationship with, but otherwise may fit your profile)

So I didn't want to prejudice the discussion here, but wondering if I'm a typical gun guy or not. (Apparently I'm not up to par with many / most of you, so I'll try to do better in the future and maybe intentionally P-off this person in the future.)

The context was from a relative who is not a total anti-, but close. They don't think anyone needs more than one handgun / mag, if that. Upon discussing handguns with them (and unfortunately Boomer the .50), I expect to be reported to the local police, FBI, CIA, US Marshals, ABC News, Huffington Post and WaPl as the leader of the next Coup d'etat.

Anyone got one of those Che' Guevarra shirts I can borrow for the interview? :D :D :D
71wMVJFRxwL._UX453_.jpg

And my number is a little more than Osbornk...

Back