The "Better" 7.62x39 Ammunition?

Reloading does seem cool, though. And I guess, even if you don't shoot a whole lot, it still pays off.
A word of caution
If you start reloading you'll end up shooting a lot more. The more you shoot, the more you load, the more you load, the more you shoot. It's a vicious cycle.

I'm not sure reloading actually saves much money, but you certainly get to shoot a lot more for the money you do spend.

Boomer

The thing is, I don't get much chance, but I guess reloading, it does give me more incentive to actually go to a range. But yeah, that's pretty much what I've heard from people who started reloading. But hey, if you get to shoot more for the same amount of money (in ammo, at least), why not? :)

It's just the cost of going to a range. Hopefully I'll get all those trees cut on our piece of property and I'll have a maximum range of about 300 yards, maybe take a little. Should be cool when I have the time and money to get that taken care of, or rather, when my family does.

I find reloading for the x39 using a semiauto is an exercise in futility. The brass gets chucked 20' and trying to find them in a pile of brass colored steel case surplus is frustrating at best. Plus you must use .311 bullets for best accuracy which is pretty hard to find when shelves are full of .308 bullets.

This is exactly why I sold my AK and got an AR.

I find reloading for the x39 using a semiauto is an exercise in futility. The brass gets chucked 20' and trying to find them in a pile of brass colored steel case surplus is frustrating at best. Plus you must use .311 bullets for best accuracy which is pretty hard to find when shelvesarefull of .308bullets.

This is exactly why I soldmy AK and got an AR.

I just set a tarp up to the right of the bench that funnels into a five gallon bucket. No more brass fetching for me.

Boomer

I find reloading for the x39 using a semiauto is an exercise in futility. The brass gets chucked 20' and trying to find them in a pile of brass colored steel case surplus is frustrating at best.

One word: "Magnet"

Plus you must use .311 bullets for best accuracy which is pretty hard to find when shelves are full of .308 bullets.

There were weeks back in Dec-Jan where there were NO .308" bullets on the shelves .... there were plenty of Sierra 125 and 150gr .311" bullets though .....

You want the best x39 for your gun? Load it yourself. You can make it as good as you want to.

You are satisfied with whatever somebody is sellin'? Buy what is there. It's a choice.

GunXpatriot, I have no trouble collecting my brass. I have a 12' X 15' white canvas tarp I put down before I start shooting. When I am done I very carefully fold up the tarp capturing all my brass. Has worked like a charm for years. Get home,unfold the tarp and retrieve the brass in the comfort of my home. Beats the bending over and on your knees routine at the range.

Back