The best of the best…

My 29-2 does not have the endurance package but even if it had it, I would not dare to shoot the reloads I made specially for my Ruger SRH through it. I kind of inherited the gun from the estate of a friend and that friend had shot thousands of .44 Special loads through it.

IMHO it is a beast of beauty.

Nathan,

I object somewhat to calling something the best of the best, whether it is a revolver or a car. Many objects are purpose built, and the S&W 14 would be poorly suited for concealed carry purposes, while the S&W 19 with the 2 1/2" barrel is a better choice for concealed carry, most shooters will not do so well with the short sight radius.

For me it is the Korth revolver because I am quality conscient and put my guns to hard use. A rimfire Korth's trigger characteristics are feeling fantastic, ejecting brass is super easy because Willi Korth had driven a ball bearing through the chamber to end up with a super smooth surface. The standard sights of the Korth Sport work well for me, too. It is hard to find another revolver that is finished that well inside and out and I consider them in the same class of high end guns like the Freedom Arms revolvers, Swiss SIG P210, Sphinx 2000s, and the American semi custom 1911s. I compare my Korth to my Nowlin Challenger, built by Mr. Nowlin Sr. after he turned management of Nowlin over to his son.

You guys have seen and shot them all
I've seen 'em, but have only shot a couple S&W revolvers that others have let me shoot. Seemed to shoot ok. Trigger pull seemed good in SA mode that I shot. Never actually owned one as they have no visual appeal/attraction to me nor operational wise either... So best? I have own 'bests' :) .

The Endurance Package of 1990 included strengthening the retention system on the crane and cylinder notches were made longer to prevent the bolt from jumping out of the cylinder upon recoil.

Don’t know if it’s the “best” but it makes me smile a lot. This is a custom PPC gun built by the great Travis Strahan on a S&W Model 64.

FA92 (small frame Freedom Arms) .44 special.

fa97%2044%20special%20thumbnail_IMG_5946.jpg

Last edited:
Back