The best of the best…

Nathan

You guys have seen and shot them all…what is the best shooting, best looking S&W revolver you have ever handled?

For me, I think it is my 14-4. Locks up solid, pinned barrel, 3T’s, great accuracy, nice finish….just a great revolver.

I also have a 19-3 that sings well!

It's kind of a toss up.
1st, is my favorite K frame, a Model 67, stainless steel Combat Masterpiece.
2nd, a 3 1/2 inch Model 1950 .357. An old 5 screw gun.

For a Smith & Wesson, this 5" Full Lug Model 29 has got to be one of my favorites.

But then this Model 586 runs a mighty cllose second:

Bob Wright

For me, its my Model 28-2. 6"

It has all the classic features, none of the crap, and I prefer the satin blue over the high luster blue used on my Model 29.

My favorite Highway Patrolman has the target hammer and trigger too, which makes it even better!!

Best shooting, by a small margin, is my 5" Model 27-2. Best looking by a country mile is my 3 1/2" .357 Magnum (Pre-Model 27).

I love shooting my Model 10 5” police trade in. I did put a standard spring in place of the LEO spring. There’s magic in wheel guns.

These two are pretty hard to beat. Not a matched set, but both are from the 51-52 time period. Top is an M&P 38, 6" barrel. Bottom is a K-22, 6" barrel.

00-hkoSrbiJVbkLQIqHJdzDYiKsisWU9eos8swfCMeXiIzWOUNvrLIJ_UvMh72b4lfZKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ

I don't shoot them any worse than I do my other guns.

3"

The best looking S&W to me is the 3" M27, now long out of production. Something about that ejector shroud sweeping up to the muzzle....they look beautiful........and sinister in the same glance. Thing is, I've never handled one, and not sure if I've ever seen one in the flesh.

But I'd gladly trade my 4" M28 no dash on one if I ever came across it.

Here I have a old 57 no dash I really really like but best has to be my wifes M&P that was her granddads. 1921 date and well broke in on the trigger now.

S&W Model 19 4".

The single best alignment of handling, ergonomics, reliability, portability, and power ever conceived as far as I'm concerned.

Closely followed by my Model 25-5 4" in .45 Long Colt.

I had bought my 14-2 pre-owned in Chicago in 1985 and have shot it a lot since then. On top of the rounds I have fired, a good friend had borrowed it for a couple of years and many state and national UIT events. It is hard to beat the practical accuracy.

I somehow gravitate to a 1971 Korth Sport in .357 lately that has grown dear to me, the double action is on a roller and if it is properly set up, the post - 1969 Korths are unbeatable. The fact that the rollers can be changed to have more or less stacking, is another advantage.

@PzGren….thanks for sharing such nice guns!

@Black Mamba…..Can you share what the Endurance Package is? Great 629!

Back