the allure of small guns, big calibers...

I like my 3" .44 spc big time for carry, it tucks away good, draws easy and is heavy enough to eat what recoil the .44 spc has, this one has a real fondness for the 180-200 grain bullets and its potential accuracy is excellent. this is from 25 yards single action with 180 grain xtp shooting at that 1" dot.

these were shot from 10 yards double action strong hand only with 200 grain silver tips as fast as I could fire and recover, I missed paper with one

I just like a bigger bullet, but my usual attire doesn't allow me to conceal carry a gun larger than my 38spl jframe or Ruger SR9C.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up this SW1911 Sub-Compact. It's proven very reliable thus far so I've started carrying it. It's very cold right now so the extra punch is welcomed. I may go back to the SR9C when it warms up in the summer.

second_box.jpg

An entire box of Federal Aluminums 230gr 45acp at 15yds. Using 230gr Gold Dots with it for EDC.

Have a 3" S&W 624, a 3" 696, but, to be honest, the one that gets the most work is a S&W 65-5 Ladysmith .357:
65-5.jpg

How it usually looks:
65target.jpg

Back