That's not a handgun!

In the second video at 3:20, he was testing to see if the gun would fire with the safety engaged. It didn't, which was a good thing.

However, with the safety off, it will fire without the barrel attached.

In this video, at about 13:50, the gun is fired (using a long string) without the barrel attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7291bGZEXY

Yes, I overlooked that he had the safety on. Especially considering that the trigger/firing pin did "click" like it moved the full length.
I also must not have watched the first video all the way through where he did fire it without the barrel.
Oh well, don't bother me none. Heck, I just bought a 22 WMR double barreled revolver without a trigger guard!:eek::D

It's not a big deal, just something you don't see very often. Most firearms have some kind of an interlock preventing the gun from firing unless the breech is closed and locked.

If this gun will fire without the barrel attached what category does it fall into with the NFA?
Right under the heading of:
Doing stuff like that gives stupid a bad name......

I feel sorry for the guys that make this.

Even at $12.90 I would not want one.
$129 is the price point for a Heritage .22 revolver.

Someone designed and manufactured this thing and must have some enthusiasm for it. I feel bad the nicest thing I can say is "huh. Well. It looks like you guys worked hard on this."

Buy one - keep everything in the original package & hang onto the sales slip.
Stick it in a safe place - never shoot it - just check on it to make sure it's still like new.
If you pay $100 for it now, just think, in 250 years - in pristine condition - it should be worth $101 - or maybe more.

Just half kidding.

& kicking myself for selling a couple of S&W M19's for $250 not so long ago - that someone back in the 1980's had bought brand new, stuck in a drawer in the original box - and never fired. I guess they got handed down to someone that didn't want them and just took whatever the gun store offered them.

It's much to expensive for what it is. Honestly, in a world in which one can get high quality Military/Police trade-ins for just a little bit more, and there are cheap yet reliable firearms which are far more viable for Self-Defense like Hi-Points for roughly the same price, possibly even less if you buy used, it just doesn't make any sense to pay $100 for something like that.

Honestly, I've seen Soviet military surplus firearms like the Makarov PM and FEG PA-63 go for $150. Granted that was 4 or 5 years ago, but that's just because everyone bought them all up, recognized their quality, and the prices quickly doubled, but there will always be foreign military/police surplus firearms imported into the United States at low prices, as anyone who browses various importers websites such as Century Arms International, Tri-Star, European-American Arms, etc can see.
In addition, sometimes you can find really good deals on bargain-priced American-Made firearms on the used market. Case in point, just last September I walked into my LGS to buy ammo and found a LNIB SW40VE for $199. Granted that it's a last-gen model and the trigger is heavy, but it's still a clone of the ultra-reliable Glock 19 made by Smith & Wesson. I bought that gun and have been carrying it ever since.

So yeah, I see no valid reason to drop $100 on one of those, even if they're on an extreme budget. Save up another $50 and go shopping for a cheap European military sidearm, or buy a Hi-Point, or buy a Heritage Arms Rough Rider in .22 Magnum, it's still better. Heck, even if all you have is $100 and need something for Self-Defense immediately, I'd sooner recommend that you buy a big knife because at least you can slash/stab away until the threat is stopped as opposed to hoping that the single shot you have loaded in your gun, not to mention a much higher intimidation factor than pointing a gun that looks like a cross between a hot glue gun and a turkey baster at someone.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a commercial Zip gun?

Corporate link
http://altorcorp.com/

A single shot handgun, load by screwing the barrel on/off, fire with a trigger that basically works by pulling back to load the spring and release to fire.

At least they are inexpensive if not exactly small for a single shot.

Looks like a hair drier

Am I the only one that thinks this is a commercial Zip gun?
Won't take exception to your thinking. Have to admit that the first time I saw this, in a publication, I thought it was a hair-drier or heat gun of some kind. .. :eek:

Be Safe !!!

Interesting. If injection molding and MIM were a thing in 1942,
the Liberator pistol might have looked like this. It needs a storage
compartment in the butt for a few extra rounds.

If you pay $100 for it now, just think, in 250 years - in pristine condition - it should be worth $101 - or maybe more.
Not so sure about your time line. Those stupid USFA ZIP pistols that never even worked are selling for more now than when they were new only a couple years ago!
(I know, I've been looking for one! Why? Because it is so stupid!)

If you're looking for a cheap investment pistol will massive stupid-appeal, I recommend the Remington R51. They're on sale for $250 right now on Buds and are all but assured to appreciate in value, just as other trainwreck pistols like the Colt All-American 2000.

Back