That Ain't Right

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have argued that they were charging him and his "warning shots" were just misses.:rolleyes:

But I used to live on LI and I can tell you that Uniondale (where it occured) is not the best of places. Lots of gangs and crime all around. So I do feel bad that he got arrested for protecting his family, but warning shots were not the way to go. But does NY have a Castle Law (I think that is what it is called), where he should have just went into his house and waited for them to enter.

But, Who wants to bring or lure the fight into your castle (home) where your family is at? Your family members are the ones you want to protect and keep the bad guys away from.

It sounds like this was the correct area for a ShotSpotter device.

But, Who wants to bring or lure the fight into your castle (home) where your family is at?

Is your family better served by you walking out on to the front porch (leaving the "gate" of said "castle" open) with a firearm to confront 20 possible gang members? How likely is that action to result in your family being murdered with the firearm that was supposed to defend them?

Being inside the house offers concealment and probably some degree of cover as well. It funnels the attackers into certain areas - and even in New York, it eliminates a lot of the legal guess work for the cops about who the bad guy was.

Apparently the shooter gave an interview and said that his cousin was in an altercation with some of the gang members on the lawn and was surrounded, which is why he went outside with the rifle. I imagine there is a lot more going on here than what was reported in the news; but that would certainly complicate any defensive strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back