Thanks, Heizer Defense...

Both M855 and M193 ( 55gr non steel core) will penetrate up to level IIIA soft armor, the strongest typically worn by law enforcement. To stop ANY type of center fire rifle round you pretty much need hard ceramic or steel plates.

IMO,the Heiser idea is ridiculous.I doubt it will have any success.

But I have a question.How is the Heiser legally different in its handgun status than a Contender,or Encore,or any of the lesser known hunting and silhouette single shot handguns that have been available in rifle calibers for years?(other than these handguns are useful)

Both M855 and M193 ( 55gr non steel core) will penetrate up to level IIIA soft armor

What about Level IV? Will one penetrate, but not the other? I guess the real question is whether there is any non-plated body armor that can be pierced by one but not by the other.

IMO,the Heiser idea is ridiculous.I doubt it will have any success.

At the right price, I'd buy it just for the novelty. Heck, it's not like I actually carry my COP .357 either.

Last edited:
But I have a question.How is the Heiser legally different in its handgun status than a Contender,or Encore,or any of the lesser known hunting and silhouette single shot handguns that have been available in rifle calibers for years?(other than these handguns are useful)
It's not any different in terms of the law.

Neither is M855 different now than it's been for the last 30 years that it's been exempt

It's just BO's "under the radar" method at work

What about Level IV? Will one penetrate, but not the other? I guess the real question is whether there is any non-plated body armor that can be pierced by one but not by the other.

Level III and IV are both hard armor. I, II, and IIIA are all generally soft armor. Most agencies issue level II which will only stop most pistol rounds (.357 Mag and below I believe, could be wrong).

The military doesn't even issue level IV, but I personally own a set of Level IV plates from Infidel Body Armor. They will supposedly stop 20 consecutive hits of M855.

If we really want someone to blame for the ATF's shenanigans with M855 ammo, I suggest we should look at the people who thought it was a good idea to write a law in such a way that it gave broad, legally binding, discretionary power to federal agencies full of unelected bureaucrats like the ATF. Also, as I pointed out in the thread over in L&CR, M855 does not meet the unusually specific criteria for "armor piercing" ammunition laid out in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(B) in the first place, so this whole issue should be a non-starter anyway.

Just wait until I bring the Girandoni XR15 rifle to market shipped complete with bayonet lug, steel core round ball, forward pistol grip, folding stock, short barrel, and 21 shot capacity.
Straight to your door from a website...
:)
Issue seems to have been tabled for now at least.

M855 does not meet the unusually specific criteria for "armor piercing" ammunition laid out in 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(17)(B) in the first place, so this whole issue should be a non-starter anyway.

Exactly right. Even though we are no longer a nation of laws, those who desire to see the Republic restored should be waving the law under the noses of the unlawful ruling elite at every opportunity.

Ordered my black Heizer Pocket AR today from Buds. Only 382.13 why not. Life is short and i am addicted to guns and i can. Will post a picture here wqhen it comes in this next week or 2.
Peace

Single shot probably makes sense. After one shot the shooter will probably be writhing on the ground crying like a little girl :eek:

Utter silliness, but probably fun. Nothing wrong with that.

Back